Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 05-18-2013, 11:54 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderbendr View Post
Is there a way to get back to the level select screen after the first time you activate it?
Not that I know of. You have to do the same thing each time you want to access it, which is a pain.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:15 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbyco View Post
Not that I know of. You have to do the same thing each time you want to access it, which is a pain.
It doesn't seem much more trouble than the original code was. Debug mode blew my mind when I first found it back in the day, I used to paste dozens of fish under the bridge then jump through them all in slow motion.

Oh, and a red spring directly below a downward facing spring for mega bouncy fun.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:53 PM

I've updated the thread, but didn't add anything new as there wasn't anything in Scrap Brain or Final Zone.

Debug mode is awesome as it adds super characters, S2/S3&K shields and beta stuff like the Green Hill Zone ball, the 'S' monitor and the Marble Zone UFOs background.

Unless any more new information is found, the guide seems pretty complete. If I've missed something, or something new is found, I'll update this thread. Also expect me to do something similar for Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles (if the later is ever remastered).
Old 05-28-2013, 09:22 PM

I didnt see this mentioned so thought Id share.

Do the no save sega cheat as noted
Cheat however u want
Enter any Zone
Die until game over
Load save game

Now you'll have all cheats you had(doesnt appear having all emeralds work) with the no save game option

Last edited by amel78; 05-28-2013 at 09:53 PM..
Old 05-29-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amel78 View Post
I didnt see this mentioned so thought Id share.

Do the no save sega cheat as noted
Cheat however u want
Enter any Zone
Die until game over
Load save game

Now you'll have all cheats you had(doesnt appear having all emeralds work) with the no save game option
Unfortunately after leaving the save game and re-entering, all the extras are gone. It's likely just a bug and I expect it will be fixed in the upcoming update. But I had a bit of fun with it so thanks for pointing it out.

Speaking of updates Sonic CD is getting a 16:9 and optimisation update 'soon', so look out for that.

Also thanks to the TA staff for linking this thread in their Sonic secrets/extras article.

Finally, here's a tip. If you ever want to restart the act/special stage after completing it, just bring up the multitasking tray (double click home button) then return to the app and regardless of whether the pause button was visible in-game the pause menu will open. You can restart special stages after failing them (if your quick enough) and even pause during the end credits!
Old 06-19-2013, 03:26 PM

Updated for the new Knuckles and Tails feature added by Whitehead in 2.0.1. Subscribe to the thread for when (and if) new features come!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:38 PM

Updated for a new Easter Egg discovered on the Sonic Retro forums. It's great to see Whitehead has added these small but awesome extras.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:58 AM

Default Secrets of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for iOS

Hi guys,
You may remember back when the Sonic 1 update hit that I made a thread that collected all the known secrets/easter eggs etc. together. I've made this thread in advance of the update's release, but in the meantime we can discuss what we 'know' about the update. I'll start it off:

•The Special Stages are now rendered in 3D to ensure the whole game runs at 60fps (suggested on Sonic Retro by Whitehead).
•2P mode will be in the game in some form (again, suggested by Whitehead). Probably though Game Center or Bluetooth.
•Hidden Palace will be an extra (through level select, apparently).
•Other beta items will make an appearance in the Debug mode much like Sonic 1.
•The gears in Metropolis Zone now smoothly rotate instead of jumping between frames (apparently).

What does everyone think?

Last edited by cobbyco; 11-02-2013 at 09:13 AM..
Old 12-17-2013, 11:51 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Anyone find any new secrets that weren't in the first game?
Old 01-02-2014, 10:27 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Hi I haven't managed to find some of the things you mentioned. I tried to find the invincibility box you mention in Marble zone act 1 and managed to fly up the wall but there wasn't a box there and no shortcut in marble zone 3 either :/ Do you think they've updated the game since and taken this out?