*(un)Official* Aralon help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crex, Dec 15, 2010.

1. snakespeare

snakespeare Member

Sep 28, 2011
    #1521 snakespeare, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
    Well, yes the Ice Queen chest does have that armor... but have you updated your game? The older version of the game did not have cobalt armor. Do you see any cloaks? The older version didn't have cloaks here, either.

Someone (above) suggested this method. After you clear the room, stop in front of the chest and DO NOT OPEN IT, then SAVE game. Then OPEN the chest and, if it doesn't have the cobalt armor, use LOAD game on your save and look again. If you start seeing repeats, reboot your iPod/iPad/iPhone. (I guess the random seed numbers run out after a while.)

Also, AV has the exact same treasure every time in the version I am playing. I'm sure you must need to update.

2. Locrian

Locrian Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Thank you, Snakes. I'm not sure how to tell if I need to update, but my iPad tells me that all apps are up to date. Is there something more I need to try? How do I check my current version?

As for the chest, I did try the save/open technique, but the chest holds the exact same items every time I load and open. I have seen a few cloaks, and one Superb Silver Vest, but zero cobalt after 100+ runs through. I've gone from level 41 to 46 just doing the circuit for the chest.

Thanks a ton for the reply. I greatly appreciate it.

Locrian

3. Locrian

Locrian Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Ok, figured it out. Seems I missed the device reset part. Once I did that, the random chest items resumed. Took a few hours, but I did end up with some Cobalt.

Thanks again for the tip!

Locrian

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    hmmm

But once you find some cobalt and you take it thats it right? I mean you cant just keep grabbing stuff leaving dungeon going back and its full again can you? :confused:

5. patch732

patch732 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    U.S.
    Yes, you can. Each time you leave the dungeon, you can reenter to loot the place again. Thats how people have acquired the entire cobalt set. It's highly unlikely that you'll find more than one piece in the chest at once (much less the entire set). A good tactic which was mentioned a few times previously is to make your way to the chest (which is a rather short walk) and save your game before you open it. After saving, open the chest. Don't like what you found? Load up your save game. Found a piece of cobalt armor you didn't previously have? Keep it, exit the dungeon, reenter said dungeon, make your way back to the treasure chest, save game, rinse, repeat.

6. snakespeare

snakespeare Member

Sep 28, 2011
    #1526 snakespeare, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
    SPOILER ALERT (read no further if you hate spoilers)

Some chests always have the same items and never refill. Others always refill and they even seem to adapt to your chosen class.

Here are the places where I farm. But if you play this way, you have to increase the difficulty level because low levels tend to get better gear and the game can become too easy.

diluted/tattered ... A Gnoll's Lair within the village walls ... Kargath's is the same stuff so no need to farm there

bronze/weak/worn ... A Dark Gnome's lair (go straight forward instead of left toward the lake)

minor/silver/quality/quality ... Dark Gnome Burrows (one chest is special, but I won't spoil that for you.)

major/gold/strong/fine ... An Orc Cave or Minotaur Warrens

greater/platinum/superb/superb ... Ice Queen (but mages, do Fire elemental king first as there's one chest in there with an item you want)

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Thank you

Patch and Snake thanks for taking the time to type that all out and explain it to me, I appreciate it! This is going to help greatly :)

8. snakespeare

snakespeare Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I must pass the credit backward to gregorysk, who told me about it about ten pages back.

I think the best way to tell if you have the most recent version is to check the items you can buy for Karma points. Don't hold me to it, but I believe the Dragon Cloak is new. But if you are finding the Cobalt armor and the Lion Cloak, then it's up-to-date.

By the way, don't toss out those Greater Agility Runes. You need to apply them to everything if you want to have any chance to kill Sheba.

9. Locrian

Locrian Member

Nov 1, 2011
    As was mentioned, yes, you can continually return to that chest for a new shot at what you're looking for. What messed me up was that despite what I was reading, doing the save/open/load/open trick wasn't randomizing the chest loot. It was the same every time. However, after powering my device off and on again, the randomization was reset and things began working as I was reading they should. Had I tried that sooner I would have saved myself two days of running the chest circle with no Cobalt to show for it. Granted I worked my way up five levels and more than 150k in gold in that time, so it wasn't time wasted... But once the chest began randomizing it took only a couple/few hours to get what I was after.

10. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011

I cant wait to get home and try it out, but I still have a few hours left at work :mad:

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    So

Played a little bit tonight and the suggestions worked perfectly, i got all the cobalt pieces and a nice sword called ruby sword i think! It looks cool compared to the others :cool:

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    So

Any way to get better helms or shoulders? Anything with stats on it somewhere?

13. Locrian

Locrian Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Only helms/shoulders I've seen are at the vendor in Callaheim. For my Paladin I was able to pick up Spiked Pauldrons (shoulders, Def: 22, End +3) and a Superb Steel Helm (Def: 33). Haven't found any dropped items anywhere.

14. snakespeare

snakespeare Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Same. Just enchant them with the +4 Agility or Endurance runes or maybe Health. That's the best I could do.

15. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    ok

I picked up those shoulders and enchanted the rest of my gear, what lv can I fight Sheba as a paladin? I am lv 45 right now. Loc and Snake thanks for the help!

16. Locrian

Locrian Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Ice Elemental Queen Loot Table

For those who may be curious, here is what you can find in the Ice Elemental Queen's chest if you're persistent enough:

Worn:

Superb Elfweave Tunic (Def: 43)
    Superb Elfweave Pants (Def: 31)
    Superb Elfweave Gloves (Def: 25)
    Superb Elfweave Boots (Def: 25)

Superb Bearhide Tunic (Def: 57)
    Superb Bearhide Pants (Def: 41)
    Superb Bearhide Gloves (Def: 33)
    Superb Bearhide Boots (Def: 33)

Superb Steel Vest (Def: 84)
    Superb Steel Leggings (Def: 60)
    Superb Steel Gauntlets (Def: 48)
    Superb Steel Boots (Def: 48)

Superb Emerald Studded Vest (Def: 68)
    Superb Emerald Studded Leggings (Def: 48)
    Superb Emerald Studded Gauntlets (Def: 39)
    Superb Emerald Studded Boots (Def: 39)

Superb Hunter's Tunic (Def: 61)
    Superb Hunter's Pants (Def: 43)
    Superb Hunter's Gloves (Def: 35)
    Superb Hunter's Boots (Def: 35)

Superb Silver Vest (Def: 77)
    Superb Silver Leggings (Def: 55)
    Superb Silver Gauntlets (Def: 44)
    Superb Silver Boots (Def: 44)

Superb Bloodsilk Tunic (Def: 50)
    Superb Bloodsilk Pants (Def: 36)
    Superb Bloodsilk Gloves (Def: 29)
    Superb Bloodsilk Boots (Def: 29)

Cobalt Vest (Def: 90)
    Cobalt Leggings (Def: 63)
    Cobalt Gauntlets (Def: 52)
    Cobalt Boots (Def: 52)

Lion Cloak (Eff: Str +3, End +3)

Wielded:

Diamond Shield
    Slot: Secondary
    Def: 78
    Effect: Block 50%

Nightblade
    Slot: Primary
    Power: 143, Speed: 1.9, Range: 2.0
    Ability: Dazzle, Charges: 50

Ruby Sword
    Power: 112, Speed: 1.6, Range: 2.0

Runeblade
    Power: 60, Speed: 1.4, Range: 2.0
    Effect: Agi +2, Int +2

Dark Knife
    Power: 26, Speed: 1.0, Range 2.0
    Effect: Spi +5, +12%
    Ability: Drain Life, Charges: 50

Sword of Wounding
    Power: 65, Speed: 1.4, Range: 2.0

Everkeen Blade
    Power: 104, Speed: 1.7, Range: 2.0

Life Blade
    Power: 39, Speed: 1.3, Range: 2.0
    Effect: Health +150

Quickblade
    Power: 52, Speed: 1.2, Range: 2.0
    Effect: Agi +2, +4%

Misc:

Superb Potions
    Platinum Rings (Stat +4)
    Greater Runes (Stat +4)
    Random Gems
    Gold (306 min - 708 max)

Yeah, I was bored at work today...

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    !!!

Just beat the end dragon Sheba as a lv 46 paladin with alot of potion use lol :)

18. Locrian

Locrian Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Congrats! Hail, Dragonslayer!

I managed it at level 50 with no heals. Just had to keep her stunned. Cycled through my Judgement line and kept beating her down. Good thing too, because I forgot to link my pots.

19. snakespeare

snakespeare Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Gratz!

I am loading up on superb heal pots for my mage. He's currently 45 and I am about to run the main line of quests. That should get me to 50. I beat her with my first warrior when I had the game set to Normal. But for this mage I made the game difficult, so I need to be level 50, I think. I'll link about 20 each of Healing and Restoration. And I'll have both Ice fists linked. I'll also link FireBlast 3 and 4, Firestorm 2, and Icebolt 2. Leaving only two slots left, one for Summon Fire Elemental 5, and the other either for Ice Shield 2 ... but this plan might be terrible. I might need Shockwave 3 for additional stunning. Not sure, yet.

20. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks

Man thats going to be rough..... I am not sure what I prefer damage or survivability. My paladin is hard to take down but takes a while to kill stuff lol But even he was taking a beating against Sheba, you will prob have to buy some store stuff.