How to get reviews if promos all used up?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Smith Edwards, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Smith Edwards

Smith Edwards Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Hi,
    I have an app pricing $1.99. I want to give my application to the reviewers but i have already used my 50 promo codes. I dont have more promo codes left with me now. Can u guys please tell me how can i submit my app to reviewers if i dont have any promo code left? because i think maximum reviewers require promo codes.

and can u please tell me some sites on which i can get immediate reviews for my app because mostly reviewers take too much long time to respond :(

2. Luke Kellett

Luke Kellett Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Indie iPhone Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well the easiest thing to do is submit an update to your app with a new version string. Change some text or fix a bug, doesn't have to be much... But make sure you do actually do change something!

As for the reviewers, ultimately you need to build relationships with them. But in the short term you need to make your emails/messages stand out from the crowd.

Be short and to the point, use a eye catching subject line and dont forget to be human when you write to them. Also, think of it from their point of view, what do they get out of reviewing your game? They have hundreds of emails a day to sort through and if you can do something for them they will be more likely to do something for you...

Oh, and be persistent! Don't give up on the first email!

3. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

But don't overbug them and constantly email them! Then there is a lesser chance than before to have them review the game.

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Ask for their UDIDs and create for each one of them an own Build. Honestly i would always use the Promo Codes for your Contest/Twitter/Facebook/... and sent the Reviewers an own Build.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Well if it's out you can gift it to the reviewer.

6. Luke Kellett

Luke Kellett Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Indie iPhone Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah, dont bug em too much :) But I've found weekly follow ups for a couple of weeks seems to work pretty well.