Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-23-2013, 07:56 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiamat999 View Post
i have the urge to play that game and what do i get "this game is not available in your country"
It's not available in Spain either. I own it and actually finished it. It was supposed to be the first in a series of games, but I guess it didn't do as expected.

It possibly disappeared as many other great unknown games. "Flatspace" comes to my mind...
Old 08-23-2013, 08:02 PM

Why do games get removed at all? There are several older games I go back to download only to find them removed, never to be seen again.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:33 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

There is a $100 yearly subscription fee for having an account in the Appler Developers program if I remember correctly. If your app is not successful, and you see no profit in the nearby future for your strategy, then it's not worth it to keep an active account. Following that, I think that apps only stay in the store as long as the account that uploaded it is active.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:35 PM
iPad mini

Did you try to download from your purchase history?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:08 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzu View Post
There is a $100 yearly subscription fee for having an account in the Appler Developers program if I remember correctly. If your app is not successful, and you see no profit in the nearby future for your strategy, then it's not worth it to keep an active account. Following that, I think that apps only stay in the store as long as the account that uploaded it is active.
I thought the $100 fee was just to publish games. That you couldn't publish without this bit once published games would pretty much be on the store forever. Either way its good to have a PC or Mac with iTunes setup and to backup all purchases. It's par of the reason I'm against IAP. Since you can't easily back it up.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:16 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
I thought the $100 fee was just to publish games. That you couldn't publish without this bit once published games would pretty much be on the store forever. Either way its good to have a PC or Mac with iTunes setup and to backup all purchases. It's par of the reason I'm against IAP. Since you can't easily back it up.
Nope, if you let your dev license expire, all your apps are removed completely from the AppStore, even from the purchase history. That's why I asked if he checked there. If it's still in history, it probably just became too buggy with the latest iOS. If it's totally gone, it was probably an expired license.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:59 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Yeah this sucks big time. It basically means we are only renting the games we play. Even games you save to your computer. Who's to say the game or app runs properly or at all with new iOS updates? Enjoy the games while you can is the best thing I could say.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:29 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

To think I almost deleted this...
Fun game.
Like an old school RPG, or a single player MMO.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:44 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Nope, if you let your dev license expire, all your apps are removed completely from the AppStore, even from the purchase history. That's why I asked if he checked there. If it's still in history, it probably just became too buggy with the latest iOS. If it's totally gone, it was probably an expired license.
Not sure about this. I have Flatspace in my purchase history, but the dev completely disappeared from iOS scene. Btw, how can we search the purchase history through the iPhone?