Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-27-2014, 12:56 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default New update 2.2.1

Hey, new update and there are some improvements.

1. I was able to 'erase' one of my common cards to make it ready for crafting. Actually, i was able to erase three of the same card (increase amount of iron) but that was it, there were no other card options to choose from. Once I had erased all three, the option to Erase Card (Common) disappeared from the factory menu. Strange, not sure about this yet.

2. Directional explosives. I like this and can see it being very useful for digging much deeper into the mine!

Wait! What? A new and dedicated Pocket Mine forum?
Old 02-27-2014, 02:16 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingerwolf View Post
Hey, new update and there are some improvements.

1. I was able to 'erase' one of my common cards to make it ready for crafting. Actually, i was able to erase three of the same card (increase amount of iron) but that was it, there were no other card options to choose from. Once I had erased all three, the option to Erase Card (Common) disappeared from the factory menu. Strange, not sure about this yet.

2. Directional explosives. I like this and can see it being very useful for digging much deeper into the mine!

Wait! What? A new and dedicated Pocket Mine forum?
I got the same. It seems that when you have fused a card to max grade (5 stars I think) then you can "erase" the additional cards to blank cards and use them in crafting. It's not really obvious at all in the game... especially when you have a card pack called "crafting". Which only helps in crafting when you have fused all cards you get in the pack
Old 03-13-2014, 03:09 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Does anyone know why there is a timer counting down next to "Space Trip" and "White Gardens"?
Old 03-16-2014, 03:13 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Long post ahead, warning!

I've been playing the game quite a bit and reached level 55 or something. Until now the game has been quite enjoyable, but now it has magically become almost to a grinding halt.

For example, the amount of cash needed to upgrade the pick axe just one level is quite high, 3500+. I can get something like 500+ in one run on average, but doing all the 8 runs takes quite a bit of time, and feels quite tedious.

The acid mine was initially a welcome addition, but unfortunately I think it suffers from some issues. While in one hand it makes your leveling up faster (double xp), it also cuts your profits to half. But not only that, it makes the missions a lot harder, many of them simply impossible.

The space mine is a great addition, but in the end it's not worth it, really. The rewards in the space mine compared to the amount of time and effort needed to gather all the artifacts and forging are simply out of balance. I can easily rack up the same amount of cash and artifacts just doing few runs for the artifacts for the tickets!

Next, while I love the characters (especially Dynamite Dan!) I think the developer could improve the pick-up rate for the characters quite a much simply by offering trial periods for the characters. Without knowing what you get with the character, it's simply too risky to do the purchase. For example: the Bruck(?) character description says he get more health from the healing blocks. How much more? Double? 50%? 200%? With the current info given, I won't take the risk of getting just marginally better character, especially with the ~13 euro price (150 rubies). I took the chance with the Dynamite Dan, and I'm happy, but I won't be making that call again...

Talking about the rubies... I think the developer should loosen up a bit and give a bit more rubies to the player. The IAP's a quite expensive. I'm sure the developer would be making more money by giving more rubies for the IAP's. If the 150 ruby characters would cost effectively somewhere 5 euros, the price would be much better.

Speaking of the free gift... it's a joke. I've been playing Disco Zoo and in that game you get consistent, reasonable benefit for watching the videos (it gives you 5 more moves which is equivalent of 1 bux or whatever they were called). In Pocket Mine I usually get... 15 cash! Which is simply an insult, as I can make 500 cash easily just in one run.

I really love the card game mechanic in the game even though it's a bit simple. I was really excited when the new update announced that there are custom decks in the game now. But they were a total let-down... a single pre-rolled hand with 4 hour cool-down? C'mon! How about a 25 (or so) card deck, which you need to fill completely in order to use it, and then you could pay rubies to make it SMALLER (thus making probability of your good cards appearing higher). Hint hint

The more I fill my deck, the more I get crap in it, and I've found myself spending almost all the cash in re-rolls (as getting better pick axe seems pointless anyway).

Also I'm not getting nearly enough cards to make use of the crafting side of the game (healing coal/gold cards etc). I did get this special offer to buy the new healing cards in one IAP, but the offer somehow bugged (maybe because I was in a train) and it went away immediately without the 1 hour timeout. I would have bought it!

So... my income has halted, my xp is generating slowly unless play the acid mine and forget getting keys. The progression seems to be stopped, and I'm not enjoying the game any more. Devs please do something to fix that, I want to play more
Old 03-17-2014, 12:51 PM
iPhone 4S

Default Combining Cards

I got one very important question:
Do bonuses of the same kind get figured up?
So if I got the legendary card which gives me 200% more coal blocks and coal explosives and I got the common card which gives me 200% more coal blocks do I have 400% more Coal blocks?
And does it also work the same with all other blocks for example grenade blocks, heal block etc.
And does the explosion power of bomb blocks or the amount of gas released also stack?
Or is it just like for the healing blocks upgrade with a absolute number?

I hope it is easy to understand what I want to know
Old 03-20-2014, 02:31 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I really like this game, for me the best part isn't the digging or the upgrading of the pick, its getting the artifacts. (i really love the recent updates with respect to this)
Unfortunately the first time i prestiged i suddenly realized id made a mistake because until i re-bought all the pick upgrades i wouldn't be able to find as many artifacts per run so now that i'm getting ready to prestige again i was wondering if anyone had done the math on how much it costs to take a pick from min to max?
Old 03-24-2014, 10:35 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

btw if anyone is interested turns out there is a wikia for pocket mine
[url]http://pocket-mine.wikia.com/wiki/Pocket_Mine_Wiki[/url]
Old 04-13-2014, 10:46 AM

started the game today, i was level 54 before, there was a message when opening "save hash error , game save is resetting", now i'm level 1 again
Old 04-14-2014, 09:37 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiatama_0 View Post
started the game today, i was level 54 before, there was a message when opening "save hash error , game save is resetting", now i'm level 1 again
Sorry to hear that. This should only happen when the save game has been tampered with. Please use the in-game support feature (in the options menu) to reach someone who'll be able to help you with this.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yome View Post
Sorry to hear that. This should only happen when the save game has been tampered with. Please use the in-game support feature (in the options menu) to reach someone who'll be able to help you with this.
thanks for the info