Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-28-2014, 07:06 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
This corruption mechanic is pretty clever.

In a nut shell, corruption is BAD, signifying a major point penalty at the end of the game. While there may be some ways you can send some corruption bits to your opponents, it would seem the majority will be taken on voluntarily to get some extra meeples or as a side effect from completing some otherwise lucrative quests.

There are at least a few means via Intrigue cards, buildings, and quest rewards to reduce it, but it is far easier to get than remove.

One of the cleverer aspects is how the penalty you get at the end of the game is NOT just based on your personal corruption level, but how corrupt Waterdeep has become as a whole. Basically every token of corruption becomes a bigger penalty the more tokens are distributed amongst your fellow players.
Sounds good. Bought the add-on but not in the mood to start a game today... It's added another section to the board? Can it be played together (optionally) with the first expansion?
Old 05-28-2014, 07:43 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
It's added another section to the board? Can it be played together (optionally) with the first expansion?
Yes, and yes. Playing with both expansions sets the game to "long game" mode, and removes a random collection of 25 intrigue cards, 30 quest cards, and 12 building tiles from the base game.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:37 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

How is the tutorial for a total board game newbie? I would love to start learning board games and this one sounds pretty fun. Also how is it on iPhone? I'd love to be able to play on the go, but I have an ipad 2 if the iPhone version isn't up to par.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid83 View Post
How is the tutorial for a total board game newbie? I would love to start learning board games and this one sounds pretty fun. Also how is it on iPhone? I'd love to be able to play on the go, but I have an ipad 2 if the iPhone version isn't up to par.
It is good but as a newbie myself I learned from some various youtube videos explaining the basics. Trust me, it's very very easy. To understand how easy it is, let me tell you that in your turn, you can do only two things, one: place a worker, two: complete a quest.
But the difference is where to place a worker so that you can have the most benefit of your turn or the game in general.
It's not like other games where you have so many rules and it's chaotic. It's simple but not for kids.
In iPhone 4 that I had it, it was slow. I couldn't play it properly. Maybe it was due to ios 7 but in iphone 5s is very good due to the bigger screen and it's very smooth. I believe that in all the iphone 5 is all right but I cannot be sure. It's not frustrating either because the game is recommended for vertical position like the board itself = aka the iphone in normal position but you may need to do some times a zoom in / out but then again you don't have to.
It's recommended for iphone & ipad and I'm glad that playdek shows support to IOS in general :-) Neither Bang! is on android as well. One reason too for not having an android device
Old 07-09-2014, 07:07 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Anyone else seeing a message saying there's an update when trying to play online? The App Store shows no update, and I can't play online because of this message. Is an update really coming or did something get messed up on my device?

[update] nevermind, just got the App Store update notification.

Last edited by Artfoundry; 07-09-2014 at 07:58 PM..
Old 07-09-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
Anyone else seeing a message saying there's an update when trying to play online? The App Store shows no update, and I can't play online because of this message. Is an update really coming or did something get messed up on my device?
The update is live in Australia - fixing a few different bugs and allowing Poison Quill to work with Study in the Librarium.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:00 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Bump for both the current sale price and that the IAP expansions are also on sale for just a buck each!

I usually do not have the patience for deeper strategy games, but I found it really easy to get started with Waterdeep. The tutorials do a good job of transitioning a new user, but it will be a long time until I master this game. I really love it.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:24 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

The quality of this Game is incredible, this Game is simply fantastic! Also i really Love the Multiplayer

Are People here playing it?