★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Thank you for extending the sale!
Hi dclose

Any time What's been your experience so far with the 'The Jim & Frank Mysteries' ?

Do check out http://www.99games.in/support for FAQs

Check out exciting Games for your iPhone, iPad and Mac at www.99games.in
04-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Fantastic game. Great puzzles and a fun atmosphere. If you have any interest in adventure or puzzle games, this is a no-brainer, especially for free. Thanks to the devs for the sale.

04-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Just 1 More Day

HELLO ALL

The Clock's Ticking - Grab your FREE copy of 'The Jim and Frank Mysteries' for iPhone/iPad NOW!

iPhone - http://bit.ly/154ZAYR
iPad - http://bit.ly/Xe4jtc

04-06-2013, 10:25 PM
I just had a full-page ad pop up in the middle of the game, while a character was talking, completely covering up his text so I was unable to read it. WTF is up with that?!! I didn't mind the full-page pop up ad at the beginning, before the game starts, but "surprises" in the middle of the game, that interfere with game play are definitely NOT welcome!
04-07-2013, 01:12 AM
Like the game. Was stuck on an early puzzle where you measure the wine. Bought some eurekas. Used one for a clue and the text appeared and a split second later appeared sideways so I could only read half which wasn't good

On an iPod touch 5th gen latest firmware
04-07-2013, 03:50 AM
We are checking it out

Thanks for the Heads-Up psj3809, we are checking this out and apologize for the same.

Sorry for the pop-up dclose, we are looking into this as well.

04-07-2013, 04:22 AM
Great stuff. Thanks for letting me know

Love the game
04-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Games View Post
Sorry for the pop-up dclose, we are looking into this as well.
Thanks, it was just so surprising! The ad, featuring a scantily-clad woman and a large dragon, popped up right in the middle of Frank's talking to one of the characters in the bar, early in the game. I'm playing the HD version on a 3rd gen iPad. The ad covered up the text completely, so I missed what was being said; the text was gone after I clicked "x" in the upper corner of the ad to dismiss it.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the game. The screen-puzzle-screen-puzzle-screen-puzzle format gets tedious after a while, so I play it in short bits, but I do enjoy the variety of the puzzles.

Edit: It happened again, twice more. I'll have to watch more carefully, but it appears to happen when I start the game and do not get the pop-up ad upon opening, but instead it pops up part-way through game play, sometimes as much as a half-hour later, always frustratingly obscuring important text.

Last edited by dclose; 04-08-2013 at 09:08 AM.
04-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Issue Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Thanks, it was just so surprising! The ad, featuring a scantily-clad woman and a large dragon, popped up right in the middle of Frank's talking to one of the characters in the bar, early in the game. I'm playing the HD version on a 3rd gen iPad. The ad covered up the text completely, so I missed what was being said; the text was gone after I clicked "x" in the upper corner of the ad to dismiss it.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the game. The screen-puzzle-screen-puzzle-screen-puzzle format gets tedious after a while, so I play it in short bits, but I do enjoy the variety of the puzzles.

Edit: It happened again, twice more. I'll have to watch more carefully, but it appears to happen when I start the game and do not get the pop-up ad upon opening, but instead it pops up part-way through game play, sometimes as much as a half-hour later, always frustratingly obscuring important text.
Hi dclose

Hope you are not facing any issues with the Pop Up Ads as we have fixed it. Do let us know if the problem occurs again

Have a Great Day

04-13-2013, 09:41 AM
This game is friggin brilliant. The narrative is pretty good albeit straightforward and it is the closest thing to Layton games on the iOS. The puzzles are really well done, and i am enjoying every bit of this.

I also like the different aspects of adventuring in the game: the exploration, the quests, the tasks, the well-varied puzzles and the hidden objects. Everything done so well, it's already a favorite.

Why i only started playing this today i dont know... But now that i have and completed the first chapter which i got free, all the other chapters are a no-brainer and an instant purchase. I also like the ramp of difficulty in the puzzles.

Anyone who likes puzzles and adventure games in general, you will want this game on your devices.

On the downside, to some (just some) the first chapter might be a little short, but all 4 chapters for a measly $3 (or $2 if you got the first chapter during the free-release promo) is well worth the money.

Highly recommended.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 04-13-2013 at 09:43 AM.