★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfox76 View Post
Yeah but I've been playing on the PC for 6 months, and I am sure purchase will bill through your battlenet account no? Or are they going to have an in app purchase through iTunes for purchases made on the iPad itself versus those made on the PC?
The last sentence is correct. Apple gets a fee for every iAP bought on the iPad version but if you buy packs from the PC client, Blizzard handles it.

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
04-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andysmash View Post
oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god *quits job, builds shack in back yard, bids farewell to spouse and child*
What do I do now? Avengers, warhammer,FTL and now this!!! (Just bought them all)

I'll have to create another split personality so that I can share all these games amongst all my selves!!

04-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Game Impressions

This is an incredibly polished product. But anyone with a long-standing (or just new but passionate and in-depth) interest in CCGs might soon find themselves fatigued or even disillusioned by the mechanics. Hearthstone is a very, very simplistic CCG, and depth of strategy and variety suffer for it, the reasonably large card selection notwithstanding.

While the mechanics might compare favourably to recent five-lane card games, from Shadow Era to Order & Chaos Duels (and even Solforge, though there is a bit more going on there), at least initially, Hearthstone seems almost childish next to far less successful recent attempts, such as Scrolls. Compared to a game with uncommonly complex and intricate mechanics, such as Assassins' Creed: Recollection, or to some of the still standing cardboard titans (giants in a very small walled garden though they might be) such as Android: Netrunner, Call of Cthulhu, Vampire: the Eternal Struggle and that other card game, you know, Hearthstone mostly resembles an introductory course in card gaming (this is really not meant as a demeaning comparison, but accurately describes how I feel when I play).

This also makes the game perfect for casual TCGers, or newcomers to the genre. And since this apparently a large part of Blizzard's intent, the product itself is probably a huge success in design. And above sentiments are not really criticism, for I am impressed by Blizzard's work. It just really, really isn't the CCG for me, and probably not for most other CCG veterans as well. (But there might be hope for us yet...)

Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

Last edited by Ayjona; 04-02-2014 at 05:34 PM.
04-02-2014, 05:44 PM
I just started playing this on my PC about 2 weeks ago. I'm what I would consider a beginner at CCG games. I haven't played a whole lot of it yet. I've made it through the 5 tutorial type matches and have then unlocked the hunter and warrior. Have yet to play with either of those two. Anyway, it seems like this game will really work well on iOS devices and I'm excited for its arrival. Hopefully this leads to Blizzard either making new games or porting old favorites over to iOS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClaff View Post
ARGH soft launch. Maybe time to create a Canadian account....
How do you create a Canadian account? I want this and don't wanna wait
(so excited)

Downloading now... I've been playing on my laptop for the last month'ish..

GC: UnSurreal
04-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Bleh that it requires an internet connection the whole time.
04-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivad View Post
How do you create a Canadian account? I want this and don't wanna wait
I had been debating about making one but it's SUPER simple! This is where I learned how...

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/App+Store/feature.asp?c=57896

It just finished download Hearthstone! I can't wait to get back into it again! It looks like it will be much better on iPad vs my laptop.
04-02-2014, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlredbird View Post
Soft launch!?! Stupid Canada!!!
Easy to guess where you must be from...
04-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Two weeks?!!! I was hoping soft launch today meant us launch tomorrow! Crossing fingers....