★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-18-2015, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossmanBrothersGames View Post
I may or may not have just found a secret level in one of the worlds that got me one of those stars
Secret levels!! Just completed the time trial for dungeon 1. Whew. Must hunt down the hidden level...

Edit: Found it! Completed it...those spears though, oof.

Last edited by paulkane; 11-18-2015 at 07:55 PM.
11-18-2015, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossmanBrothersGames View Post
I may or may not have just found a secret level in one of the worlds that got me one of those stars
Without giving it away, can you give a clue on how you found? Are there walls you can walk though?

Edit: found one!

Last edited by jpgold; 11-18-2015 at 06:16 PM.

11-18-2015, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgold View Post

Edit: found one!
Nice! I love platformers with secret areas.

ROSSMANBROSGAMES.COM
DOWNLOAD FOR FREE GET ME OUTTA HERE ON iOS
DOWNLOAD JUMP JACK ON iOS
Twitter: @rossmanbros @rossman_eric
11-18-2015, 09:02 PM
What a fun game. I like when I can finish a game in a reasonable amount of time!

Finished the grass time trial with no deaths. Then failed miserably on the next time trial. 23 deaths I think. Cool that there's a well-made platforming game with a light story, then if you want more you can race through the individual temples or the entire game.

Bravo, Jussi Simpanen!

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 11-19-2015 at 05:46 PM.
11-18-2015, 09:57 PM
This is a fantastic little platformer. Quality and charm everywhere.
11-18-2015, 10:20 PM
I miss the Metroidvania elements on the first one...
11-18-2015, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
I miss the Metroidvania elements on the first one...
The reason this game is not a metroidvania is that this game is actually a remake of a game that came way before Tiny Dangerous Dungeons. Super Dangerous Dungeons is a complete remake of my very first flash game Dangerous Dungeons, you can check it out here: http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/4102

SuperDD is not a sequel to TinyDD. In a way, it's actually TinyDD that's sequel to this game. if I ever make a new DD game, it's most likely going to be a metroidvania again though.

This game was originally just going to be Dangerous Dungeons 2, but then I figured why make a sequel for unknown little flash game, and decided to just completely remake the original, so when I start working on a true sequel some day, people actually know the series and what to expect.
11-18-2015, 10:50 PM
Send a message via AIM to Oats Send a message via MSN to Oats
Awesome game! Just beat it and got all the hidden treasures 😁
Paid for the IAP (remove ads) now on to the time trials!
I hope to see Timmy in a new (mobile) adventure again. 👍🏽
Perhaps Advanced Dangerous Dungeons(?)
11-18-2015, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
...The game is all about good controls (the jump inertia is something to get used to though, but it clicks easily) and well-designed platforming stages.

The only flaw is that the inertia doesnt end when jumping forward or backward. You basically move to that direction as you fall even if you have let go of the direction buttons already. I hope you slowly lose momentum and eventually lose that directional movement while in the air when the direction buttons are not touched.

On the other hand, as a soft-solution, you can tap on the opposite direction coz that allows a bit of control on the aerial momentum part.

Im guessing that could be part of the mechanics that make the game interesting, but it does feel odd and unnatural as opposed to the platformer norms...
It didn't click with me and yes, it does feel odd, unfortunately.
I only got in a good platformer flow while climbing or descending, super responsive stuff. But all those little jumps in those narrow corridors...i won't even try any speedrun. Btw, again a game where the time starts right after loading. It always should be up to the player to start the time, imho.

Possible secret levels spoiler:

I finished the game with only one found level. Instead of the last boss fight/run, i entered the hall of fame (some like that). The four pictures you'll see, one of each world, indicate the entrance to the levels. I guess i need all four levels to open the final door to the last boss

PS: i'm happy i supported a very talented developer, and i really hope we'll see something bigger AND longer as his next game.