★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-17-2018, 02:09 PM
Can you explain gameplay differences, if any, in the levels between the 1-player and 2-player modes? For example, do the puzzles actually differ? Can a single player take charge of both player controls (presumably on the same screen) to execute solutions meant for two players? Is the 2-player mode more like the co-operative mode in Portal? What about the party modes for up to 4 players? How are the puzzles modified?

There is a more serious issue I am experiencing. I am playing the game on an iPad 4. The game is sluggish to the extreme, especially with responding to my virtual joystick movement. In turn, the cubes would drift with an inherent lag, making it impossible to navigate with precision. Is this a device hardware issue? I can't imagine that this is an intended challenge of this "analog" movement control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG Studio View Post
Thanks for the nice comments!

This is the 1 & 2 player levels. All other platforms have the full party mode which allows up to 4 players. So the mobile version is cheaper because of this.

It's great to back on mobile after having a year on console land. We learned a LOT and have some big news in 2018 from SMG. Any other feedback on Death Squared let us know.

Last edited by y2kmp3; 02-17-2018 at 02:58 PM.
02-17-2018, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Can you explain gameplay differences, if any, in the levels between the 1-player and 2-player modes? For example, do the puzzles actually differ? Can a single player take charge of both player controls (presumably on the same screen) to execute solutions meant for two players? Is the 2-player mode more like the co-operative mode in Portal? What about the party modes for up to 4 players? How are the puzzles modified?

There is a more serious issue I am experiencing. I am playing the game on an iPad 4. The game is sluggish to the extreme, especially with responding to my virtual joystick movement. In turn, the cubes would drift with an inherent lag, making it impossible to navigate with precision. Is this a device hardware issue? I can't imagine that this is an intended challenge of this "analog" movement control.
Hi y2kmp3, I play with care and you have to, because otherwise it’s game over, but for me that is the challenge of the game, just make tiny movements and you are okay, I realy like the game it’s different than my usual puzzlers so that’s a bit of fresh air and the dialogue is funny, it happens to be that I like australian people with their funny accents ha ha.

I must say though that I have an advantage as you might know because I said this earlier, I play this game on an Ipad Pro which stands on a stand so no hand holding the device it’s floating in mid-air so to speak and that plays very comfortabaly.

02-18-2018, 07:37 AM
i'm playing single player and am up to level 40. the game is great. should have gotten game of the week - it's at least 90% better than florence
02-18-2018, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post

There is only one mode in the game. Difference between one and two players is that you control either one or two sticks.
02-18-2018, 01:12 PM
I cant really tell what kind of game this is? Is it also worth the $6.99 price?
02-19-2018, 12:08 PM
delete

Last edited by neto; 02-19-2018 at 12:13 PM.
02-19-2018, 12:11 PM
delete
02-19-2018, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maslan266 View Post
I cant really tell what kind of game this is? Is it also worth the $6.99 price?
it's a block-pushing puzzle game. in each level you have to move the blue block to a final destination, and a red block. but touching one side of the screen controls the blue block, and touching the other side of the screen controls the red. so potentially you could play co-op, two people on one phone. or you can play single-player and control both. the graphics, level design, and puzzle difficulty are great. i'm on level 45 and only once was i absolutely stumped and looked online for help. if you like this type of game it's fantastic. on nintendo switch it costs around $10
02-20-2018, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neto View Post
it's a block-pushing puzzle game. in each level you have to move the blue block to a final destination, and a red block. but touching one side of the screen controls the blue block, and touching the other side of the screen controls the red. so potentially you could play co-op, two people on one phone. or you can play single-player and control both. the graphics, level design, and puzzle difficulty are great. i'm on level 45 and only once was i absolutely stumped and looked online for help. if you like this type of game it's fantastic. on nintendo switch it costs around $10
Thanks for clarifying!
03-26-2018, 11:38 AM
Does anybody know if this is optimized for iPhone X? Never even heard of it until today. The App Store has serious discovery issues...