★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-18-2018, 11:39 AM
I feel like I around around for 10 minutes doing nothing really (maybe looting and finding some weapons) or get killed quickly. Restartt a round and same thing. Rinse repeat. Feels like that’s about all there is to these type of games. Am I missing something?
03-18-2018, 11:48 AM
Nope; thats about it.

Take your time seems to be the order of the day. PUBG especially seems to lend itself to the long game. Dont rush into anything; the kill boundry takes its time and its a big space.

Slow and steady wins the race.

03-18-2018, 11:51 AM
Yeah but whether I come in first or last really no big difference other than bragging rights?
Amd next round everyone starts fresh?

I really want to like this game (and fortnite too) but maybe it just doesn’t click for me...
03-18-2018, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaGonzo View Post
Pretty sure theres some bots involved in this. Anyone else noticed bot-like play? Ive still only played 3 rounds.
There are bots involved in the first few rounds, for your first dozen games or around most of the players in your games will be bots, they do that to give players some time to feel for the game without the huge pressure of being the fish in a bowl of sharks...

As you play the bots will dimish, and eventually completely leave and youll be in a true 100 players battle royale
03-18-2018, 12:39 PM
I can see the sense in that; I’d much rather bots were identified with a short tag or icon though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charley View Post
Yeah but whether I come in first or last really no big difference other than bragging rights?
Amd next round everyone starts fresh?
There’s no game changing permanent unlocks like the gun progression in CoD for example. Cash to spend on cosmetics and honing of skills are your rewards.
03-18-2018, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaGonzo View Post
I can see the sense in that; Id much rather bots were identified with a short tag or icon though.

Theres no game changing permanent unlocks like the gun progression in CoD for example. Cash to spend on cosmetics and honing of skills are your rewards.
Are the cosmetic unlocks permanent at least? Or do you lose them if/when you die?
03-18-2018, 01:12 PM
You keep those.
03-18-2018, 07:23 PM
Fortnite is so much better IMO after many hours of both.

GAME CENTER: Adamphetamine
GAMESPY: Adamphetamine or NeonPriest
03-19-2018, 02:12 AM
It was like that in the Chinese version.
I dont exactly what they do but from my experience the low ranked matches are filled with bots and only has a handful of players.

the more you play the more rank up/level up the more real people you get matched with so it starts to become harder.
03-19-2018, 03:30 AM
I’ve killed 46 and died 13 times now, definitely had better results earlier and actually won my second match. I’m at level 13 and it’s still clear to see bot behaviour in (most of?) the players that I kill.
That said the players that kill me I generally don’t see so don’t get to see how they behave up to the point where they shoot me in the back of the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamphetamine View Post
Fortnite is so much better IMO after many hours of both.
I’ve played enough Fortnite to recognise that it’s a hell of a job but when I pick up my phone it’s this I go for at the moment. I think I prefer PUBGs more serious style and you can hardly blame Fortnite for that.
I’m glad we’ve got both.

Edit: I’ve yet to see a shop allowing the spending of actual cash. I’m not bothered about the cosmetics myself as long as I’m not dressed in bright colours but I’m wondering if I’m missing something or if the shop is not “on” for the soft launch.

Last edited by MetaGonzo; 03-19-2018 at 03:46 AM.