★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-21-2018, 05:41 PM
Absolutely loving it so far!

• *MFI Support - controls feel great
  • *Graphics are amazing - physics, lighting, particles etc. Very nice!
  • *Plenty of missions and things to do/collect so far
  • *Looks to have a wealth of mutiplayer PVP and PVE modes as you level up
  • *Nice way of getting you to spend some money. You start with 16 gear slots that fill up pretty quick (though you can sell stuff). Buying any IAP gives you 80+ slots. Minimum IAP is 4.99 which given what I've played so far, I was happy to spend to support the game.
  • *Had a few MP matches and they were smooth
  • *Great presentation and some nice humour throughout
  • *Some negatives... sound can be a bit low/flat and battery drain is a killer

But overall its an excellent game for the iPad, super happy with it!!
03-21-2018, 05:53 PM
Enjoyed what I've played so far.

But holy crap my 6s+ drinks battery.

03-21-2018, 11:49 PM
First co-op dungeon is impossible with the timers being super short and not being able to talk to your teammates.
03-22-2018, 12:35 AM
It was soooo worth to wait this game. No pay to win at all, no energy system. Prolly game starts at max level, and you grind items via co op dungeons. Pvp looks okay as well, 1v1 and 4v4. Paints and stickers for your guns, armors looks cool!

But we really need a communication system, when you in the dungeon things are confusing. When you figure out what to do but your team mates doesnt know oh well have fun wasting your time.

Other than that game is pretty good
03-22-2018, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troid View Post
After years of churning out bloated and formulaic first person shooters with gigantic file sizes, it makes me wonder if Madgarden can, just for once, revert to its former self and forgo the multiple currencies and consumable in-app purchases for a third and final installment of Samurai.

One can dream to dream a dream.
I also yearn for this.
Samurai 2: Vengeance was the first game I bought on my first iPad. It has been reverently reinstalled on every device I've upgraded to.

I keep going back to it when I get fed up with free to play, timers, work, etc. It still holds up as one of the best games, best pieces of interactive art, on mobile.

The simplicity, the depth, the beauty, the difficulty, the dismemberments, and ultimately that amazing moment when you beat the insane boss because you have mastered the combos and the timing.

I love Samurai 2 and it stands as a testament to the possibilities of mobile gaming.

Sorry to go off topic, but it's the same dev so it's OK 😎
03-22-2018, 02:04 AM
Just had a short play and echo the comments on here to be honest - its a very good game, the IAP dont seem to be an issue at all early on an other than the fact you need to have access to the internet to load the app the ftp aspect doesnt seem to bludgeon into the game in any other way

Obviously heavily inspired by Destiny although funnily enough despite me never really getting into Destiny (despite trying) on mobile and FTP the model makes more sense to me

Single player maps are short but TBH I think thats ok for a mobile game, it doesnt take that long to jump into the next mission

Controls are nice and tight and I enjoy the haptic feedback when firing as it gives the guns a good weighty feel, havent tested MFI yet but I believe its supported - hope the log in process means you can switch between mobile and appletv
03-22-2018, 04:17 AM
Hmm still suspicious So far so good, single player missions are fine. The game reminds me of Star Warfare: Black Dawn was it ? A few years back - Borderlands type game where you have mini missions and power up tons etc.

Just done a mission to get some gold. Level 4 at the moment but tempted to buy an IAP. Really nice polished game so far, love single player stuff (not keen on multiplayer) but really enjoying this
03-22-2018, 05:35 AM
So without buying IAP for rare or better weapons, do you eventually hit a wall? Im only level 4, but super entertained so far.
03-22-2018, 05:36 AM
This game is amazing. You can add me: Quigon
03-22-2018, 05:42 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Is there a download after install? How big is the instal size after all is said and done?