★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: All Popcorn is gone - jump into the movies to get it back!

Being a passionate film enthusiast, it is your duty to refill the popcorn machine and enable a true popcorn-powered cinematic experience! Enter different movies by jumping into the big screen and get back the white gold!

Run, climb, swim and perform double jumps in mid-air. Defeat different baddies, find secret areas & try to get all hidden film clappers for a perfect success!

OVERVIEW

- 2D platform adventure game
- Collect as much popcorn as possible and complete the different levels
- Once you reach the cinema, unlock new movies by collecting hidden film clappers
- Benefit from infinite lives and mid-level checkpoints
- Enhance your energy meter to make your adventure easier
- Interact with different objects by touching them
- Enjoy hand-drawn pixel art and a fantastic 8bit-influenced soundtrack
- influenced by classic jump and run masterpieces like Mario

nyanpass's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
04-02-2018, 02:22 AM
it is a pleasant platformer. a good surprise.
this game deserves our attention.

04-02-2018, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean pierre View Post
it is a pleasant platformer. a good surprise.
this game deserves our attention.
Looks cool. I love video games, I love movies, and I love love popcorn! Also, this app doesnt have any IAP. But it says it was last updated 2 years ago?! Anyway, Ill download and check it out.

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
iPhone X Space Gray 256 GB
iPad Pro 9.7 128 GB
04-02-2018, 10:41 AM
Wow. If the mobile forum site let me rate the app, Id give it 5 stars. This is a fun newish retro platformer. Love the fun story behind it and good gameplay. Thanks for pointing this one out!

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
iPad Pro 9.7 128 GB
04-02-2018, 12:47 PM
I only played a couple of levels but this is a nice little platformer. Seems free. Would've liked an option to turn down the music, but I'm not complaining. Good stuff.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
04-02-2018, 08:30 PM
Sometimes it is too late to find a developer's next work. Originally it was a paid game, but the developer may have left the game open for free.

If we knew this game a little earlier, it would have been good for the developer.

There are more things in heaven and earth.
04-03-2018, 11:25 AM
Here's gameplay I captured for Popcorn Hunter

Youtube link | Pop Up
04-04-2018, 05:24 PM
Is anyone playing this on an iPhone X? It's overheating and dimming my phone and I'm curious whether it's my phone or the game. I have the same problem with Evoland 2, so it's ironically with these old school type games but not the AAA type iPhone games.
04-05-2018, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofg View Post
Is anyone playing this on an iPhone X? It's overheating and dimming my phone and I'm curious whether it's my phone or the game. I have the same problem with Evoland 2, so it's ironically with these old school type games but not the AAA type iPhone games.
I didn't have any problems last time I played. When I have my low power mode on, the screen dims and shuts off within a minute of not touching it. But that didn't happen when I wasn't in low power mode.

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
iPad Pro 9.7 128 GB