★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-09-2018, 07:27 PM
#11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancientmoon View Post
1.3GB!? Im wondering what makes this app so large.
Individually draw sprites — many, many of them — and environments is my guess.
04-10-2018, 03:55 AM
#12
I am really curious why this game does not get too much attention...

04-10-2018, 01:15 PM
#13
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 306
Currently downloading it...
04-10-2018, 06:07 PM
#14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakara214ever View Post
I am really curious why this game does not get too much attention...
Probably indie Chinese dev with no marketing in the West. The translation/localisation is a bit cringy and it's hard to say what type of game it is after looking at the screenshots.
04-10-2018, 06:48 PM
#15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanster27 View Post
Probably indie Chinese dev with no marketing in the West. The translation/localisation is a bit cringy and it's hard to say what type of game it is after looking at the screenshots.
The marketing copy is poor, but the writing within the game is actually pretty sharp.

In any event, the point is that several well trusted people here at TouchArcade have praised the game, and it’s the rare premium game with no IAP and good reviews on Steam. By all rights, the premium game brigade should be all over this. And yet, crickets.
04-11-2018, 12:31 AM
#16
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: Gazorpazorp
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
... and good reviews on Steam. By all rights, the premium game brigade should be all over this. And yet, crickets.
To be fair, not all reviews and impressions sound completely positive. Metacritic has one pretty devastating review but the other three are rather positive. None sound too excited though. Just from the reviews it looks like an above average game but as far as I can tell it doesn‘t reinvent the wheel.

I’m still intrigued though, just one question: Does the game have mfi support? Some people don‘t seem to like the touch controls too much and I always prefer to play with controller if possible. With this game coming from PC here‘s hoping it supports mfi.
04-11-2018, 05:11 AM
#17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambler View Post
To be fair, not all reviews and impressions sound completely positive. Metacritic has one pretty devastating review but the other three are rather positive. None sound too excited though. Just from the reviews it looks like an above average game but as far as I can tell it doesn‘t reinvent the wheel.

I’m still intrigued though, just one question: Does the game have mfi support? Some people don‘t seem to like the touch controls too much and I always prefer to play with controller if possible. With this game coming from PC here‘s hoping it supports mfi.
Of course not — very few games get perfect reviews, and even fewer reinvent the wheel. But is that our standard for giving a $2.99 game a chance? Because if that’s the case, the premium market is screwed. Frankly, I can’t quite think of any game like it on mobile. More important, this is a serious effort, well worth our attention.

As to MFI, it doesn’t look like it, but my controller is on the fritz so I can’t check. I don’t really have a problem with the “Mode 1” control option, though.

As
04-11-2018, 06:27 AM
#18
I really love what i am playing so far.(2 hours into the game) but i would really like this game to take much more attention. I do not care if this is an indie game or whatever. For me it is a beautiful looking premium game.
04-11-2018, 06:50 AM
#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakara214ever View Post
I really love what i am playing so far.(2 hours into the game) but i would really like this game to take much more attention. I do not care if this is an indie game or whatever. For me it is a beautiful looking premium game.
I’m with you. What I’m really liking about this game is that it feels so alien. The developers done a really good job creating a unique world with its own rules and systems. At the same time, there’s enough personality in the characters and situations that it’s all still relatable. That’s a tough balance to maintain, and this game makes it feels easy.
04-11-2018, 07:18 AM
#20
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: Gazorpazorp
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Of course not very few games get perfect reviews, and even fewer reinvent the wheel. But is that our standard for giving a $2.99 game a chance? Because if thats the case, the premium market is screwed. Frankly, I cant quite think of any game like it on mobile. More important, this is a serious effort, well worth our attention.

As to MFI, it doesnt look like it, but my controller is on the fritz so I cant check. I dont really have a problem with the Mode 1 control option, though.

As
That wasnt really my point. Id love for premium games to get more attention and I dont mind paying $20 if a mobile game is good. Plus, I find it sad that a lot of ppl complain about a premium game being 10 Dollars but on the other hand willingly spend ten times as much on some freemium cr@p.

Just saying that looking at reviews and comments Im not sure about this game. I loved Jydge (Dual Stick shooter with RPG elements) for example. Does this bear any resemblance?

And mfi support would really go a long way - If anybody knows about this some info would be very much appreciated!