★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-15-2018, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancientmoon View Post
How about game difficulty? I read some reviews on steam that say this game is pretty easy while I want some challenges.
It's a mixed bag. You'll find yourself challenged, then get a promotion and new turrets and find things a bit easy. Then you will get to a boss and die a few times One tip: not all enemies can turn around; use that to your advantage. Once you get to the psychedelic swamp (6 or 7 event...or is it shadow core...I think it was in the swamp) and can get weapon upgrades, you can grind a bit and get pretty powerful. (note: the upgrades you purchase are components, when you have 4/4 or 5/5, you see the other trader and get the upgraded version)

After you beat a boss you can come back to them, but I find them all pretty difficult the 2nd time around...I think I am near the end of the game now. Story gets better and better.

I've upgraded every weapon so far. Some weapons you can't actually upgrade, like the bubble gun. You can get chips for them, however. The upgraded grenade launcher is amazing. You can fire up close or far away, and you will never run out of ammo with it, because you will be killing so many things to replenish your ammo. The bubble gun is a good complement to it because it shoots quickly and spreads nicely.

The level 2 (tier3) machine gun is also pretty powerful, and the only tier3 weapon to get an upgrade! The energy sword is great for bosses that move around a lot, as you can be charged up and ready to get the big hit when the opportunity strikes. But once you have an upgraded grenade launcher, I think that's a better way to go.

Favorite armors so far—deep ocean takes away falling penalties and shrugs off low damage attacks—those bees, some of the spikes in the ground—pretty handy. Also the phantom armor, which has all around high stats and chances to dodge. As far as tier 2 goes, I liked the warrior because I had an energy sword then.

Giant Tree level 12 you can take on the monster horde—this is a great way to earn 20 or 30 galactic coins...so once you have a couple upgraded weapons, take it on.
04-16-2018, 02:12 AM
Bought and played it for a couple of hours.
Very cool game!

This game is not easy at all, at least boss fights are quite challenging.

My rating;
Gameplay: 8/10(not really unique or original, but fun at least)
Music: 6/10(okay)
Graphics: 10/10(super super cool)
Story: 9/10(unlike most roguelite games, it has a complete story line)
Controls: 5/10(ver.101, not really desirable, but still adaptable by patient practice)
Replay value: 8/10(less than most other roguelite games on iOS, but still very good considering the price)

Overall: 8/10

Game experience on iPad is better than on iPhone.

Suggestion:
Hope the devs can replace the app icon for a cool one. Simply take a random screenshot while playing, that will be far better than current icon for sure.

Last edited by Ancientmoon; 04-16-2018 at 09:11 AM.

04-16-2018, 03:13 PM
New update hit last night. Most significant change is on the fire button, which now works like a real twin-stick shooter — and in IMO is a big improvement.
04-16-2018, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
New update hit last night. Most significant change is on the fire button, which now works like a real twin-stick shooter and in IMO is a big improvement.
Oh damn. Absolutely. I finally picked this up yesterday and had enough time to play it before the update hit (wonderful game, need not to said...can see how some PC players might not dig it, but it's a PERFECT fit for mobile), and the fire button is leaps and bounds better now.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
04-16-2018, 11:59 PM
First Impressions. Thanks to ZPLAY, I am pleased to meet this game on mobile. Steam PC version is not bad, but this game is more glowing on mobile.

Control has also been improved with this update. But there seems to need to be a little more improvement in operation. There is some freezing, but not a problem in the game progress.

A combination of a twin shooter and a defensive game. Fresh composition. Mini-games and battle with the boss are also available. It would be nice if the stamina for the monsters is displayed. Enjoy the mobile version a little bit more.

The following videos will help you understand this game a bit more.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

There are more things in heaven and earth.
04-18-2018, 11:24 AM
Which character can be the core element for a new icon?
04-18-2018, 12:13 PM
Dang, got ripped in a review from 148apps
Yesterday, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean pierre View Post
Currently downloading it...
Hope you have enjoyed it and like the game!
Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Haha, thanks for loving Original Journey. Its absolutely worth your time to play it LOL
Yesterday, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
This is a very cool dual-stick shooter/base defense game. The graphics are gorgeous, the writing is smart and engaging, and theres a fair amount of depth including weapon and armor crafting and RPG elements. The controls are a bit fiddly but forgiving.

This is still available on Steam for $12.99 (with mostly positive reviews), so its kind of a steal at $2.99 on iOS. Its fully premium, too.

A very nice surprise...
Haha, thanks for loving Original Journey. Its absolutely worth your time to play it LOL