★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-20-2010, 08:01 AM
$8.99 is cheap for a title this amazing. This was one of the best SNES games.
12-20-2010, 08:14 AM
I'm seriously considering this one. I never actually played the original, but I usually love old classics like this. As long as the UI and controls work well, then I'll be happy.

Social Games: Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

12-20-2010, 08:26 AM
I'll support it and buy it on release day, because I want to see other titles from Square/Enix (like Chrono Trigger, FF7, FF Dissidia or an exclusive FF title) on the iPhone. This goal can only be reached when they are successful with their actual (new and ported) releases.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 12-20-2010 at 08:30 AM.
12-20-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacckk View Post
Is this strictly iphone/ipod touch or is it iPad too?
That's the page I'm on...

Since ipad came out I can't stand playing rpgs on my iphone...

I don't think this is a universal app but I'd like to hear from anyone who has tried it on ipad.

$8.99 for one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, action rpgs of all time is not that bad! if this was ANY other platform (xbox live, PSN, Wii) we'd be exited to get this game for $15!

I'm tired of scrolling through page after page in the forums just read a bunch of posts complaining about the price.

If you don't like the price and don't want to support the dev... DON'T BUY IT!
Whining about it and making the forums harder to plow though to get any real info and just make the forums more cluttered!

Flangle Flangle Flangle Play No More!
12-20-2010, 09:10 AM
We all know what the gameplay is like. However I'm curious how well it translates onto a virtual stick/buttons.

I doubt it will be anywhere near the precision of the SNES controller.

"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God." -Thomas Jefferson
12-20-2010, 09:12 AM
...Tell me about it! I'm still waiting for a NZ'er to answer my question about iphone 4 graphic fidelity. It's like people think SQE will read this and lower the price (ain't gonna happen kids) and if they did do such a thing we'd have 20 more pages of bitching! We sure are good at that.
12-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafner View Post
That's the page I'm on...

Since ipad came out I can't stand playing rpgs on my iphone...

I don't think this is a universal app but I'd like to hear from anyone who has tried it on ipad.

$8.99 for one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, action rpgs of all time is not that bad! if this was ANY other platform (xbox live, PSN, Wii) we'd be exited to get this game for $15!

I'm tired of scrolling through page after page in the forums just read a bunch of posts complaining about the price.

If you don't like the price and don't want to support the dev... DON'T BUY IT!
Whining about it and making the forums harder to plow though to get any real info and just make the forums more cluttered!

This + 1

Heck, I am lost in the lands of Cheapskatania again.

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 12-20-2010 at 09:17 AM.
12-20-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Hanson View Post
...Tell me about it! I'm still waiting for a NZ'er to answer my question about iphone 4 graphic fidelity. It's like people think SQE will read this and lower the price (ain't gonna happen kids) and if they did do such a thing we'd have 20 more pages of bitching! We sure are good at that.

S/E seldom lower their prices... and they go never for the 0.99$-mark.

$8.99 is an insult. I'd run out for a fair price but were development costs really THAT high?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I'll support it and buy it on release day, because I want to see other titles from Square/Enix (like Chrono Trigger, FF7, FF Dissidia or an exclusive FF title) on the iPhone. This goal can only be reached when they are successful with their actual (new and ported) releases.
Basically this is the game that all those Korean ARPGs aspire to be. If it's properly ported (with good controls, decent touch-based AI, and clean graphics), it's well worth the asking price IMO.

Chrono Trigger and FF 3/6 are the holy grails, though.