Universal Lander Hero - (by Antti Lehtinen / Polygon Play)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Nov 30, 2011.

1. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    No problem. Ill buy the full game because it is a lot of fun and well worth the price tag.

2. polygonplay

polygonplay Well-Known Member

Thank you! I appreciate it!

3. 512techguy

512techguy New Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Stuck on a level!

Hi there - I downloaded your game last week and am loving it. However, I'm stuck on Rho Coronae Level 2-7. How do I get around the giant rock? I can barely get it to move without exploding, and if I do get it to move it blocks my path down to the finish. Can you share any tips - I'm stuck!

4. polygonplay

Thank you for your feedback! A few things to consider:

1. Don't wreck your ship when trying to move the boulder. It's heavy. Carefully fly very close next to it and then use just the side thruster to slowly move it. You might need to spend half your fuel, but it will move. There is enough fuel items in the level to compensate.

2. When the boulder moves on its own, be fast and fly over it and into the narrow path below, before the boulder blocks the way. The boulder will move slowly so there is enough time to fly over it before it blocks the way. It takes some practice but it's doable.

3. It's not necessary to fly over the boulder into the narrow path below it. It's only required if you want 100% of the stars. Other alternative is to continue to the right and fly over the rocks there. It looks like there is not enough space, but you can fly out of the screen in the top edge of the screen;) Try it to understand.

Thank you so much for playing and let me know if you need help with any of the levels!

5. Jotch

Jotch Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Really enjoying this game. Just one question. I hope I'm not missing something obvious but it seems that there is no way to avoid damage from the mines? The ship's thrusters have no effect on them so I always end up taking huge damage colliding with them as the only way of getting past them.

6. polygonplay

Thank you Jotch! Mines are tough, but there are ways to avoid most of the damage:

- In many cases you can fly around them, but not always, sometimes you have to crash into them.
    - You are not taking damage from the explosion itself. If you crash them in high speed you will take damage from the impact, but if you slowly just touch them you avoid the damage. The explosion itself doesn't do damage either, but the impulse does throw your ship around at high speed. Then it's just about controlling that. You can avoid most of the damage by using your thrusters to slow down before you crash into walls.

Thank you so much for playing and don't hesitate to contact if you have any other questions!

7. Jotch

Jotch Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Thanks for the reply. They're certainly tough but I think I'm finally getting the hang of dealing with them! Just got the last level to beat now. Congrats again on the game. Definitely one of the best of its type.

8. polygonplay

Last level! You are good! Let me know if you need tips for the last one. It's a tricky one!

9. polygonplay

I forgot to mention that in some cases you can get rid of mines by pushing some other object(crate,boulder) against them. The impact will blow up the mine.

10. Rinkwide

Rinkwide New Member

Oct 19, 2016
    Love the game, takes me back to my youth. 3 stars on each and every level but the final one and I'm completely stumped. Any hints? - James