★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: doug harper
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Grab your Coconut and save our tropical island! Catch the umbrellas as they rain down, faster... faster... faster.

"A game everybody can play. Gameplay is simple but very fun. And the visuals look really nice and colorful. Highly recommended!" - ZGMFreedom - Version 1 - Jul 12, 2014

This is a simple but addictive game that turns a few idle minutes into an enjoyable break. Calypso music and thoughts of your next vacation will brighten your day.

Caribbean Catch is easy to play. Just slide your coconut under the umbrellas until you can't keep up. Challenge your friends in Game Center or even have some fun at your local Tiki Bar.

---- Features ----

- Quick start up.
- Nothing to learn.
- It's FREE!
- Game Center supported.

"Not a bad game it seems easy at first but after the first volley it's a mad race to collect those umbrellas, I really love the music coming from Trinidad where the steel pan was invented I feel a sense of pride hearing that playing in the background." - by dreadnok - Version 1 - Jul 11, 2014
07-12-2014, 11:26 AM

07-12-2014, 11:38 AM
Not a bad game very challenging plus you can't go wrong with that Mello island music playing

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8
07-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnok View Post
Not a bad game very challenging plus you can't go wrong with that Mello island music playing
Yeah, I love the music. Cool and relaxing.
07-14-2014, 03:29 PM
Congrats to Contest Winner nfong. Thanks for all the suggestions.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=235900
07-16-2014, 11:01 PM
Update submitted

Based of the comments from the review contest, I submitted a version update today.

I removed All in game advertising with two exceptions... a pop-up after your 3rd & 7th games only.

I made the following changes to improve gameplay...
  1. Increased coconut size.
  2. Increased umbrella size.
  3. Starting speed decreased.
  4. Waves speeds increased slower.
  5. Increased distance between umbrellas.
  6. Removed top banner ads, for larger viewing area.

These changes should make the game easier to allow longer games.

Last edited by endodoug; 07-16-2014 at 11:03 PM.
07-24-2014, 10:15 PM
Version Update Available Now!

Updated version is available now. Easier Gameplay - Less Ads!

I improved the game based on all the comments received in the Touch Arcade Review Contest held a couple weeks ago.
07-30-2014, 01:48 PM
High Score of 460 posted last night.
08-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Two Reviews came in over the weekend. Both were pretty good considering the type of game this is.

Mystery-Gamer ranked it at 7.3 and recommended giving it a try.

AppPicker liked it and concluded -
Quote:
The Caribbean Catch app for your iPod touch, iPad, and iPhone is a really fun casual game that will have you feeling as though youre soaking up the island sun in the Caribbean.