★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Re-innovation of retro shooting game. Simple, but Fun!

Depth Basara is an innovated remake of a retro arcade game. Looks cartoonish and cute, but if you want to beat this game you have to take GREAT risks - you need to dodge everything that is a threat and don't be afraid to drop a depth charge or two because you will have tones of subs trying to destroy you! When you hit a sub it will cause an explosion that will destroy any sub around it, and those subs will blow up too! This will create an awesome chain reaction of exploding subs! Try to leverage it, you will have an exciting battle on the ocean.

Game Features:
- Simple: Simple game concept which is easy to pick up and play with.
- Fun: Cartoonish enemies but with an evil AI. Don't be afarid to sweep them out.
- Combo Hits: The combo effects for each battleship are unique. Keep beating enemies in combo, your ship will be more powerful!
- Energy Attack: Have you been tired of the traditional full-screen bomb? It doesnt matter. There are 6 kinds of unique energy attacks always for your choice.
- Three Controller Types: Directional Pad, Screen touch , Accelerometer

Clyde Lin's comments:
Do you miss the old arcade game(WinDepth/Depth Charge) on PC? Now it's reborn in iOS platform - Depth Basara!

Depth Basara is a nice arcade game. In this game you have to destroy the submarines of your enemy. You have to control the battleship. Command is in your hand. Are you ready?

07-05-2013, 12:43 AM
The inclusion of a coin system has me wondering: are they strictly for in-game upgrades, or required to play?
07-05-2013, 12:54 AM
Thanks for reply, AnarKitty. I'm very happy to see it, because it's my first reply here.

I'm the individual developer of the game. Now the game is free and I want more people can see it, play it if they like.

Each play in this game are free. The coin system can used for unlock different warship characters or special skills. Each warship and special skill can also be upgrade by coins.

Coins can be earned in each play, if the user won a high rank, there will be additional bonus.

Last edited by Clyde Lin; 07-05-2013 at 12:56 AM.
07-05-2013, 08:52 PM
I tried it both on iPhone and iPad. The cartoon looks cute but actually it's not a easy game. It requires skill to survival.

The game control of iPad is not good, maybe you need improve it.

Last edited by psj3809; 07-05-2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Shill post
07-05-2013, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy B.K View Post
I tried it both on iPhone and iPad. The cartoon looks cute but actually it's not a easy game. It requires skill to survival.

The game control of iPad is not good, maybe you need improve it.
Yeah definitely fake...the controls are actually very simplistic, and easy.

This game is actually way more entertaining to me than it probably should be. It's very simple, but cute. I've enjoyed it, but my only complaint is the rate at which you get coins.
I understand that you do want to make some money on iaps, but just the collection rate is unbearably slow and makes me just not want to bother.
I'm all for giving devs a buck or two, but for time vs coins gained, this seems even lower than a usual grindfest.