★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pictologica Final Fantasy by Square Enix

09-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Pictologica Final Fantasy by Square Enix

Square Enix keeps pushing out these Final Fantasy titles, and this one is very different from the Final Fantasy that most people know...

...It's a puzzle game in the style of Picross. While I have no problem with this (I love Picross), it seems to me that SE is just trying to cash in on the Final Fantasy name.

This is what Jupiter is doing instead of making a real TWEWY sequel. ;_;

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!

Last edited by Haruhi; 09-18-2013 at 09:47 PM.
09-19-2013, 06:11 AM
The sad thing is, I want this.

Looking forward to an international release.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Here's a Picross-like game coming out in a few weeks. I just posted about it yesterday -

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=204208
09-20-2013, 12:13 AM
I have no idea what Picross is but I do like the change up. I wouldn't mind a match 3 with final fantasy either.
09-20-2013, 03:38 AM
iOS really needs a good Picross clone. Surprised SE decides to milk the franchise this bad though.

=>> HEY YOU! Why own an iPad if you haven't played CRABITRON? <<=

Playing: Corridor Z, Goblin Sword, Lost Toys, Duet Game, Layton Brother, Threes!, Solomon's Keep, Crabitron, Punch Quest, IB3, Sword & Sworcery (Recommend them all!)