Space Ninja update coming this month (63 new levels)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Prab, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Just saw this on Jormy's twitter:

Can't wait for the update!! March is so wonderful :D

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
  3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Well, as if you needed any more reason to pick up Space Ninja...

4. greenhornet9

greenhornet9 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2009
    63 new levels!?!?!?!? Thats crazy! I cant even finish the game right now, maybe cuz i just suck but this sounds like a sweet update.

5. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
  6. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Totally awesome news!!! :D

7. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    Nothing. :)
    I'll report the post to a moderator so that he/she can move it to the correct subforum. :)

(In the future, you can do that by clicking the red triangle button next to the post number at the top right of every post.)

8. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Got it!! Thanks :D

Back to topic: What do you guys think? I haven't even finish the given levels and challenges lol.. I hope Jormy doesnt make 63 harder levels :p

9. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    I really hope they will be of mixed difficulty. There are a few people who've finished all 40 basic missions and all ski levels (I'm one of them) and I'd like to have a challenge as well.

If 21 would be "easy" (like mission 1-15), 21 would be "medium" (mission 16-30 difficulty) and 21 would be really hard (like mission 31-40 and even harder) that would be really great. It would be like an entire new game with progressing difficulty. :)

10. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    sounds awesome
    how impossible are these new levels going to be? :p

11. underthesun

underthesun Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    The difficulty will be mostly harder, but paced in such a way that you'll get longer progression of difficulty. Also, I'm making the stage start much shorter and auto-restart when you die (who saves replays when they die anyways?)

If there's anymore changes (little changes) you want, then go ahead and list them :)

12. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    How many levels are there in total now? I haven't even started playing this except for a few levels so I know how awesome this is.

13. underthesun

Dec 23, 2008
    123 levels, which made that 63 new levels post a mistake, since there's actually 83 new levels.

I've gone through the first 20 new levels, and I'll make the difficulty plateau at around level 16-25. The rest will be like level 30-40. The first few new levels will be introductory difficulty, so as not to dip newcomers into cold water.. heh

14. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    Really awesome news!! Thanks for clarifying.

Are you going to change the menu a bit? (Make the first player stuff more prominent and focus less on the multiplayer in the first menu screen)

15. underthesun

Dec 23, 2008
    Yeah, I'll change the menu, don't worry ;)

16. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    #16 spmwinkel, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
    Cool. You said to list the small changes we wanted, so I just wanted to make sure.

I can't really think of anything else at the moment. The shorter starts of each level are nice, as well as the quicker restart after you die. It makes sense that way.

Edit - P.S. You're following me with your personal Twitter, right? I thought it was you, but I'm not sure. (It matches the e-mail address on your website)

17. underthesun

Dec 23, 2008
    Cool, all these feedback are always good. There's some other features I'm thinking of, but anything I implement for SN will be available for the next game as well (UI additions etc). Really, doing these levels are procrastination from doing uni work.

I was about to re-skin space ninja so it's all in 3D, but it's probably better to keep it in 2D to preserve frame rate etc.. too many bullets won't go so well when drawn in 3D I think.

Anyways, I thought it's about time to start working on the next game, right after this one update.

18. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    underthesun thanks for the sweet news and good luck for the PhD - I've got my thesis defence next month :)

19. underthesun

Dec 23, 2008
    Haha, here in Australia we don't have vivas or anything like that.. good luck with your defence :)

20. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy