Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-18-2014, 09:10 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Just a heads up in case anyone is having trouble with crashes after Stage 1:
There is a nasty little bug it took us awhile to track down that involves Game Center. If you happen to have no friends on Game Center you currently won't be able to get past Stage 1 without a crash.

We have a feature where you can see a friend's score that is higher and/or lower than yours on the stage complete screen and when there is no friend to look at: crash.

So sorry if this was a problem for you.

I'll be submitting a fix tonight and I'll post here when it goes live.

Anyone have any questions about the game? We are still planning on giving some tips out soon. Maybe even in video form. If there's something that's confusing or you want help with let me know and I can respond directly on it.

We really believe in the game as we've literally been playing our own versions of it for years and we still have fun with it.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:29 PM

Do you mind explaining how beacons work a little more in depth? Idk why but I didn't really grasp the in game explanation at the time, I was a bit tired.

Maybe make beacons part of the tutorial?
Old 03-18-2014, 09:41 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
Do you mind explaining how beacons work a little more in depth? Idk why but I didn't really grasp the in game explanation at the time, I was a bit tired.

Maybe make beacons part of the tutorial?
We do need a better way to get that across... not sure people are ready at the tutorial as it's a bit of an information overload already.

Here's how it works:
Beacons don't appear until you earn them.
You earn a beacon every 2500 points.
Once you have beacons stored up they will appear on your side of the playing field with your transports.

If you surround one or more with your transports they activate and earn you an upgrade.

Activate 1 and you get 10% more green shield pieces (up to 50%). Green shields can overlap other shields (but still can't be placed over transports, guns, or the boundaries)

Activate 2 at once and it will call in an extra transport immediately.

Activate 3 and you earn a mounted missile launcher attached to the first transport you choose at the start of every stage. (Up to two)
These only last until the end of a game.

There are more bonuses once you maximize any upgrade, but I won't spoil those. They are kind of fun.

The idea with these is to give you different approaches based on your play style. While you are getting used to placing shields, the green shield pieces are very helpful. Having a third missile launcher in the first wave is helpful in a different way.

We haven't been able to justify it time-wise, but I want to introduce the "captain" to explain these things and roll out the background story a bit as well. It's just too much for now.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:49 PM

Ohhhh ok I understand now, thanks! Now I want to find the "secret" upgrades

Best of luck with figuring out the tutorial
Old 03-19-2014, 06:09 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Cool, JCho133

The 1.1.1 version is uploaded and awaiting review from Apple. This will fix the crash-bug that only happens to people logged in to Game Center but have no Game Center friends. Sorry to anyone it affected. (It would have stopped you from passing Stage 1 with a crash once you completed it.)

If anyone wants a quick fix while waiting for the update to be approved, just friend someone on Game Center!
Old 03-29-2014, 05:21 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Version 1.1.1 has been live for a bit.

We are currently working on state saving so you won't have to start over if iOS decides to put the game in to the far, far background. For now, it will start you over at the stage with everything you've earned so far. This was affecting 4S users the most for some reason, but it will be nice if you have to stop and pick up much later.

We might sneak another new game play feature in there...

If anyone could leave an honest star rating on this thread it would be nice. I'm kind of embarrassed to be the only that did so.

Also, the Facebook page for the game now has some tips on it and I'll continue to put some up over time.