Emulation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by FraggleJP, Jun 21, 2013.

1. FraggleJP

FraggleJP Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Just wonder how many other people know about emulation WITHOUT jail breaking?

I won't post any links, and of course playing Roms which you don't own is naughty!

But emu4ios seems to be a fairly interesting thingy.

With emulation without jail breaking becoming more doable, and the nice looking ios 7, the need for jail breaking might decrease substantially.

2. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Emulation has always been pretty doable without jailbreaking. Apple just won't allow it.

3. EddyDaKing

EddyDaKing Member

Mar 18, 2013
    There's been emulators that have snuck into the app store in the past...but like MystikSun said, Apple won't allow them and will end up removing them. You got your hands on one I presume?

4. FraggleJP

FraggleJP Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    If you search around, there are a few emulators you can install for free without jail breaking or any dodgy Chinese sites.

Actually on respectable sites, ie GitHub

5. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    If you look up gba4iOS on safari there's actually a site with emulators and such,what's odd about it though is that it lets you install the apps through the site. You can only have one at a time though,I chose the screen recorder though here is the link http://emu4ios.weebly.com/downloads.html

6. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I've also been using this for the past few weeks. Works fine. The applications install over each other but the documents folder stays the same meaning you can seamlessly switch between different emulators without losing save data or games.

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Thank you... Thank you so much.

8. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    There could be a virus or spyware in that. I wouldn't install anything outside the App Store.

9. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I think you're a little bit paranoid.

10. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    it isn't. There are no viruses or spyware made that can affect non-jailbroken users. The website is also made by a 14 year old so I'd even give him props if he knew how to implement spyware or viruses. This is completely safe trust me, GBA4IOS is an emulator made by riley testut. all this kid is doing is uploading pre-signed versions of the application from macbuildserver so you don't have to go through the trouble of actually waiting for it to sign on the website.

11. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    No viruses,just some emulators,and two screen recorders. The apps are fine,some are unfinished but they're ok so you've got nothing to worry about.

12. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Thank the guy who made them,not me :D

13. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Meh... Anyone could make that, but only a few have decided to post about it on the TA forum.

14. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I'm lucky to have gotten iMAME in the short period before it was pulled here! Got around 400 games on it! Yes, there are emulators to be had here on the IOS, but I'll tell ya, there's a TON of 'em on the Android to be had for like every past system ever! Emulator city, man! You may or may not have an Android, I don't know, but if you do, get ON that! :D

15. JustMeNow

JustMeNow Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Male
    Emu4ios is good. It was better before since you could have TWO apps at a time. But what are you going to do. Someone should start signing emulators themselves with an Apple dev account and sending them to emu4ios. Then you could have multiple apps at once.

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    There's always the emulators which did make it onto the store, such as C64: Elite Collection and Spectaculator. Platforms much newer than that are probably always going to be a lot rarer, or "illegal"*, obviously.

*at least in Apple terms.

17. JustMeNow

JustMeNow Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Male
    If someone got a license for the NES/SNES or even the gameboy line or other things, everything would be much easier on the App Store

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Near impossible. Nintendo wouldn't allow that at all. Even if they did they would lose a lot of money as people would simply load up illegal roms of games. Nintendo wouldn't make any money on those. Apple wouldn't allow it anyway

I'd Nintendo released say an official Mairo land app they would make tons of money. Releasing an emulator would be suicidal

19. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Forget it, not gonna happen IMO. Get an android device. Get FPse for the Playstation, Mupen64, and my personal fave, Super GNES! All the classics and more are now at your fingertips! You'll never get all that stuff here.

20. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Well I tweeted Robert Broglia (dev for .emu) he said you need an dev account to be able to sign you emus without a JB. Then I asked Seluco, dev of Gridlee (mame4ios) he replied also on the topic, and he mentioned that he had over 300k downloads of his non-jail broken Gridlee app ;) giving a hint to Robert Broglia, to give it a try :)