Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. AndiNZ1970

AndiNZ1970 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Zealand
    I think you'll find it's *half* the value of the gift, same as if you sell something that's been sent to you?

Big improvement on the 0 coins we got before the last update! :)

2. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Interesting. Then maybe the three 26,991 Emblemas: White Folium, Green Tingo (Thanks dean:D) and Cocos Picea (Thanks dean:D) are in fact the highest value frogs.

3. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    There are many ways to play this game and it is entirely up to you. There are people who want to get 100% of the awards, people who want to create the prettiest habitat, people who like creating their own sets, people who want to get a 100% Froggydex, people who want to complete weekly sets and people who just want to hop around in the pond (and more). So it depends on all of that as to what gifts you accept or sell and what you breed. You will also probably go through phases where you get sick of dexing and decide to complete some awards or catch up on some weekly sets etc.

If your aim is to get 100% of a specific breed, then you will find it goes a lot faster if you stick to one breed. It will go a bit slower with 2 at a time but you might find it more interesting. So pick 1 or 2 breeds and stick to them.

In the early stages my goal was to have all the different breeds, so I accepted gifts of frogs I didn't have and sold the others. Once you have a breed in your habs, it is permanently stored in your 'dex' so even if you sell that frog, you can clone another one any time (but 10x the cost). The higher level frogs you can also add to your catalog and can clone them but at a cheaper cost. So once you have all the breeds, you can complete any weekly set at or below your level. If you can't do a particular set because of your level you can ask for it or trade, or just skip it and do the next weeks' one. Any sets you miss you can complete in reverse order, when a set is redeemed and it gets a new set, if there is no new set it reverts back to the previous, so you will be able to complete all sets eventually.

To complete awards and sets etc, you will find it helpful to dex 100% of Anuras. They are cheap to clone, and once you have them you can breed any combo. Need a Red Muscus Signum? Just clone a RM Anura and breed with a Signum etc.

Also, even if your mailbox is full you can still accept gifts from others and they will be stored in cyberspace until you have a free slot. This doesn't apply to pond presents.

Sorry for the long reply but I hope this helps. Happy hopping and play the game however you find most enjoyable.

4. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    You beat me to it so I'll just take the question mark off your post.:D

5. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    Thanks Andi ... I wasn't aware of that .. I never did the maths .... XXX

6. sneeb

sneeb Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    in virtual
    Hi, I just wanted to mention, don't worry if you can't keep up / pay-forward frogs with players who are above lvl 37. There are a lot more stamps in the pond as one levels up. Speaking for myself, at the current rate I find stamps I'd have to give away all the frogs in my habs many times over. And I remember running out of stamps from gifts just a few lvls back. :)

7. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Glad it was fixed for those fortunate enough to have the latest phone. Still & all I'd like to see progress presented the way it is in PP in a clear fashion via a Menu option. The progress bar in that game is *much* easier to interpret.

As for the "warmer climes," don't brag!;) Can't wait for spring/summer so I can get even. :D

Too bad. Wanted to gift him the TR Starter Set because I recalled that he played a lot like me, slowly, & his level was lower.

Cannot ditto enough the point of buying Express MB AND Babyproofing Kit. No other NB games since have "sticky" gifts which keep on giving. Buying also says "Thanks!" to NB in a way they *really* appreciate, I imagine!

Thanks for the acknowledgement that people can & do have different aims in the game. Yeah, it seems like totally filling one's 'dex should be the goal but some of us (like me) don't think in those terms. I'm a Weekly Set person, myself.

BTW, did I defriend YOU by mistake or did you decide I was simply not a viable trading partner? One of us made either a mistake or a decision. If it was you, because you're a 'dexer & have too many trading partner, I understand. No harm done. No offense taken. But, hey, it was fun while it lasted, non? Let's keep it off Page One of The National Enquirer, however...

p.s.: So far I think my best Level 32 racers are the Pink Carota Fortuno, Maroon Callaina Fortuna, & the recently acquired Black Bruna Emblema. If I win, I try to pick the froggy which comes in 2nd. Or 2nd, 3rd, & 4th if it works.

p.p.s.: So many thanks to so many of you: Quo for the Lunaris, Andi for the Papilo, dlstar for the Coclearis, green for the Igneous, & dlstar for the Nasus.

8. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Thanks to JavaRich for the Emblema,
    Kane Toad for the Fortuno,
    Dom for the Emblemas,
    Frogparent0 for the Symphonia,
    Maholah for the Pistrix,
    Nirtew for the Emblema,

and anyone else who sent gifts recently.

A nice evening to everyone.

9. LauraFitz4

LauraFitz4 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    I have a complete Temple Run set available, first to claim it (and send a GameCenter request if we are not yet friends), will get it. Enjoy!

10. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    A month or so back when you were going through the "please don't gift me people" thing, as I was such a recent addition to your friend list I thought you obviously had enough problems keeping up with the gifting with longer-established players so I de-friended you. Obviously you haven't missed me :D No offense was intended but I hate a long list of friends and if you didn't want gifts I thought... So nothing to do with you being a viable trading partner, just trying to comply with your wishes xx

11. Train2000

Train2000 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum but not new to pocket frogs. I've been using the wiki for most of my information. I'm level 22, but I have not had any luck finding a Glacio, Bulbus or Signum. I have 100% Anura and I'm working on my Crustali now. I would be happy to trade anybody any frog that I can for one of the three species listed above. Thanks :)
    My GC is Train 2000.

12. Adp

Adp Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Wow!
    Thank you for the Bulbus and the Geminus, Ella

And - I'm enjoying reading everyone's thoughts on game strategy. I've added the suggested baby proof and express mail upgrades.

Ann

13. Train2000

Jul 15, 2012
    Can you go back and collect sets that exsisted before you joined pocket frogs? I started at 2012 Week 48 could I ever collect Week 47?

14. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

Yes!! Once you finish the current set, if there is no new set available then it will offer you the most recent uncompleted set. There are lists of past sets on the Internet if you search so you can plan your strategy around knowing what you will need - unless you want to be surprised that is!

15. nattyblonde

nattyblonde New Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Thank you for the absolution sneeb! I've been getting incredibly generous gifts from Cygnet Seven and 0.1.0 and I suddenly realized I've just about depleted my stamps in an attempt to return the favors.

16. Adp

Adp Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Surprise in my mailbox!

Thank you dlstar

Those Nasus made my morning!

Even if my significant other just laughed at my new frog breeding Excel spreadsheet...

Ann

17. LauraFitz4

LauraFitz4 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    I Sent a Game Center request, I can send all 3 as soon as I see you show up on the neighbors list.

18. Train2000

Jul 15, 2012
    Thank you so much for those frogs, I just sent three back to you.

Happy hopping!!

19. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Your logic was impeccable. What happened was I meant to keep all my friends from prior to the update plus those I had traded with after the release. When I changed my gifting strategy from immediate reciprocity to random gifting referencing a typed list of friends, your name wasn't the only one I inadvertently omitted. You would have received some frogs from me if my bookkeeping hadn't been so slapdash.

Given my lackadaisical style you'd only receive a gift from me now & again (with nothing expected in return). Plus I'm not a 'dexer so couldn't help you there. So I'll leave it up to you.

Welcome Train2000.

As dlstar already answered, yes, you could. So far, given that you're at level 22, all sets contain frogs below that level. Should a set come out with a level 27 frog, for example, the situation would be different. The ONLY way you'd be able to complete that set & thus access earlier sets would be by trading here or someone gifting you at least one of the frogs you couldn't breed. Once in your catalog, you could "buy" it again, if need be.

I've railed against using higher level frogs, to no avail it seems, because one cannot *choose* which back sets to complete (like back Missions in TT) but they are presented in fixed reverse chronological order so, once you hit a set you cannot complete, you'd be stuck there potentially for a long time.

Though you'll find no Concordes or Mapples here, this forum is great for collaboration & sharing -- anything from Sets, to color wheels, to specific rare frogs. Pull up a lilypad & stay awhile, B]Train2000[/B].

p.s.: Thanks to dean for the Tabula. Much appreciated.

20. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    #26460 Nirtew, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    Just ran into a three-outcome cross. The Glass Muscus Emblema X Cocos Albeo Emblema cross results in only three possible outcomes: Glass Muscus, Glass Albeo, and Cocos Albeo.
    For folks who are unfamiliar with it, this happens when the built-in Glass substitution rule - in this case Cocos Muscus Changing to Glass Muscus - matches one of the normal outcomes - in this case Glass Muscus.
    Also would happen with Glass Albeo and Cocos Muscus.
    Just another bit of PF trivia.