Call of Duty: Heroes (by Activision)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SonixManix, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    This is a F2P base-building game along the lines of Clash of Clans, but "Call of Duty-ized", with some of the characters found throughout the series. I will be sure to include impressions as soon as it hits New Zealand tomorrow. :)

2. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Very sad yet I still want it! Everything seems to be moving to NZ rather than CA for softlaunch was now. Really need one of those accounts

4. Lemmonz

Lemmonz Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2014
    But... I want exosuits powers, not base building:(

5. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Why should you care about the game, IGN will be likely to rate this 10/10.
    JK, a shame that CoD couldn't keep it's quality on mobile games, Strike Team and both Zombies were pretty good.

6. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I could probably let you use mine.

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Just what I was hoping for

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Really? I mean it's good and all but I was hoping for an endless runner CoD we just don't have enough of those.

9. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I was hoping for Flappy Call do Duty, Call of Duty 2048 or Timber Call of Duty.

10. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Ios 5, ios 6, ios 7?

Can someone inform me tomorrow what IOS will be required to play the game(IOS 5, IOS 6 etc.)?

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Don't get how these devs can sit in a room and say "you know what would be a great idea...."

12. Bandit TA

Bandit TA Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Auckland, New Zealand
    ... Copy and pasting games with 'UPDATED HD TEXTURES!'
    Never thought COD would go in this direction. I'm sure this is just another money grabber game anyway. Will still try it out tomorrow.

13. Crazyboy423

Crazyboy423 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Studdent
    France
    I want a real COD on ios. With campaign and a good multiplayer mode not another base building game!

14. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Shouldn't it be out now? It's 12 am in nz

15. Bad_Trip

Bad_Trip Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Production Director
    The Bay to Nashville
    Maybe they could make a decently built COD Zombies game with working multiplayer?

Yeah... It's not like they'd make millions of dollars or anything....

16. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    #16 Pipipitchu, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    I think they just do as they're told. This is how I see: Some businessmen sit in a room and say "You know what would be a great idea? Making money with mobile games. What is popular on mobiles? Clash of Clans? So we need a game like Clash of Clans. Bring me my whip and some developers!".

A Clash of Clans Call of Duty, a Clash of Clans Star Wars... <sigh>

17. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #17 Rip73, Aug 14, 2014
    It's genuinely amazing that people are sitting there complaining about this game.
    For a change, try taking one small step outside of your own bubbles and look at the big picture.

Their most recent attempt at replicating COD on mobile, Strike Team, did not do well.
    Even with it being a top notch game that had the potential for multiplayer add ons, it did not sell well and in fact led to the studio behind it being shuttered down.
    Despite it being a strong step in the right direction and an excellent job by the studio with a very fresh dynamic approach, it did not end well.

Would you all have preferred they gave up on mobile at that stage? Because the potential was there for them to abandon mobile completely and it was strongly considered.

Instead they took a new approach, took on board that their last one failed commercially, had a look at what gets downloaded the most and generates actual profit and are taking a stab at that.

It is after all the type of game that dominates the charts, why would they not apply their IP to that style, it's done well for many other intellectual properties that have gone done that route. It's done well for many, many others than just Clash of Clans.

Tough luck that it ain't the one that you want, it's not the one I want either and that's the problem with being a niche on a particular platform, but it is the one that makes the most logical business sense. And business sense is exactly what any developer and publisher needs to continue to be able to develop and publish any type of game.
    Without "money grabbing" (a ridiculous slur considering every business, whether they be a developer, manufacturer or whatever actually does need money), there would be no business and no games.

Now here comes the big picture. If this game succeeds, it leaves open the potential for some of the funds generated from it to be used to make a halo/flagship/prestige game of the type all you people want.
    One would supplement the other and raise the overall profile of the publisher on mobile while it would be of less concern for that flagship game to be a huge profit maker while the other is generating enough revenue.

So before you all go writing this one off, bear in mind if it fails, potentially say goodbye to a big publisher and mobile.
    However, if it is a success, expect to see further investment in the platform and expect one of those investments to lead to the type of game your looking for.

And even beyond all that, its a format that appeals to the mass marketplace, as reflected in the download numbers and profit margins of the self same games you're all slagging off.
    Just because it doesn't appeal to the alleged "hardcore" audience doesn't give any of you the right to hate on the team behind it.
    Its exactly the kind of commentary I expect to see on IGN from console gamers when anything mobile is mentioned so maybe people who live in glass houses should reconsider their elitist attitude before they start throwing stones around.

So perhaps wishing that it is a success and that it is supported commercially would be more productive because if it is, some of that special stuff that is in research or development might actually have a chance of being released.

Here's an article some of you should familiarise yourselves with and try and take on board some of the sentiment in it.
    http://toucharcade.com/2014/08/08/im-ok-with-video-games-and-new-video-games-being-released/

18. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Rip73, you're the man :D! Anyways, has the game been soft launched yet?

19. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I'm looking foward for a Candy Crush Call of Duty! Maybe Gameloft can help Actvision on this one.

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #20 Rip73, Aug 14, 2014
    King publishes Candy Crush so Gameloft would have nothing to contribute that would help them on that count.

Thank you Sir.
    Nothing yet that I've seem but I'm sure PeteOzzy will hook us up with a thread when it hits, he is always very quick off the mark (and an extraordinary contributor as an aside).
    No links on One of Swords or on the twitter account yet and it is already well in to Friday in NZ/Aus so dunno what's happenin at the minute.