iPad Ground Effect 1.2 + Lite with OpenFeint

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Der-Kleine, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#1 Der-Kleine, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
    [​IMG]

(click the pic! ;))​

So that there aren't any misunderstnadings the "Made by Der-Kleine" text means that I made the picture and NOT the game! ;)

GROUND EFFECT

If you want to win races by shooting opponents or buying a faster vehicle, look elsewhere. If you are interested in the …
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    If you want to win races by shooting opponents or buying a faster vehicle, look elsewhere. If you are interested in the "best pure racing game on the iPhone" read on. Ground Effect is a silky Smooth Arcade Racer - Unique, Simple, Fast. Set on the smoothest, most detailed landscape yet seen on the iPhone.

Youtube Search "Ground Effect iPhone" or follow the link to my site for the gameplay video.

"visually stunning with extremely impressive draw distance and silky smooth framerates... The game has a really great sense of speed and movement as you find yourself bobbing over surfaces trying to make the best time, and level designs are also varied and enjoyable...the game is great fun and has kept me coming back" - TouchArcade

"What stood out to us in this game first and foremost are the stunning graphics. The environments are very beautifully rendered, and the contrails behind your skimmer serve two purposes. One is to give you an idea of the flight path of your opponents, and the other is to look really, really cool" - Slide to Play

"Its pedigree is impeccable. Created by Glenn Corpes, the legendary coder of Bullfrog and EA UK games in the 1990s, it looks great, and the accelerometer controls are a delicate combination of solid and sensitive... Like WipEout, the best levels become somewhat Zen-like" - Pocket Gamer

"Anyone who likes racing games and wants something a little different than the usual auto-racing type of game should check out Ground Effect" - cnet

Ground Effect is one of the most fun, exhilarating, addictive & visually impressive games to arrive at the App Store. Think flying, think driving, think racing, then think again! Skim land and seacapes in your high performance ekranoplan at low altitude and breakneck speed, supported by a cushion of air.

Ground Effect is set on a series of scenic, deserted islands, rich in green foliage and dramatic natural features including steep cliffs, winding coastal paths, blue lagoons and breathtaking skies. On each level, terrain varies between challenging courses dodging between rocks and islets and clinging to winding mountain roads.

Developed exclusively for the iPhone and iPod Touch and inspired by ekranoplan technology, Ground Effect boasts incredible 3D graphic detail and the gameplay itself will appeal to lovers of fast-paced, competitive action games as well as those who prefer something more sedate and relaxing.

GAME FEATURES
    - 14 challenging levels
    - Choice of 10 Ground Effect craft
    - Touch or accelerometer controls
    - Stunning terrains - courses over land and sea - spanning 70 km2
    - Attain speeds of over 400 kmh
    - Throttle speed & boost controls
    - High score recording
    - Replay mode - take over and perfect your performance at any point
    - Ghost race - race against your own fastest time
    - Free roaming – explore at will
    - Huge draw distance
    - Sensitive and intuitive flight controls
    - Enjoy the in-game music or listen to your iPod

AUDIO
    Ground Effect features “A Rock in a Pond”, an amazingly atmospheric track by Diefenbach, from their latest album "Dark Spinner", combined with dramatic sound effects.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade, Racing
    Release:Nov 05, 2009
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Ground Effect Lite

Glenn Corpes
    FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY THE FULL VERSION OF GROUND EFFECT IS ON SALE: 50% OFF ORIGINAL PRICE! Silky Smooth Arcade Racer…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY THE FULL VERSION OF GROUND EFFECT IS ON SALE: 50% OFF ORIGINAL PRICE! Silky Smooth Arcade Racer - Unique, Simple, Fast. Set on the smoothest, most detailed landscape yet seen on the iPhone. Youtube Search "Ground Effect iPhone" or follow the link to my site for the gameplay video. _________________ "visually stunning with extremely impressive draw distance and silky smooth framerates... The game has a really great sense of speed and movement as you find yourself bobbing over surfaces trying to make the best time, and level designs are also varied and enjoyable...the game is great fun and has kept me coming back" - TouchArcade "What stood out to us in this game first and foremost are the stunning graphics. The environments are very beautifully rendered, and the contrails behind your skimmer serve two purposes. One is to give you an idea of the flight path of your opponents, and the other is to look really, really cool" - Slide to Play "Its pedigree is impeccable. Created by Glenn Corpes, the legendary coder of Bullfrog and EA UK games in the 1990s, it looks great, and the accelerometer controls are a delicate combination of solid and sensitive... Like WipEout, the best levels become somewhat Zen-like" - Pocket Gamer "Anyone who likes racing games and wants something a little different than the usual auto-racing type of game should check out Ground Effect" - cnet _____________________________________ Ground Effect is one of the most fun, exhilarating, addictive & visually impressive games to arrive at the App Store. Think flying, think driving, think racing, then think again! Skim land and seacapes in your high performance ekranoplan at low altitude and breakneck speed, supported by a cushion of air. Ground Effect is set on a series of scenic, deserted islands, rich in green foliage and dramatic natural features including steep cliffs, winding coastal paths, blue lagoons and breathtaking skies. On each level, terrain varies between challenging courses dodging between rocks and islets and clinging to winding mountain roads. Developed exclusively for the iPhone and iPod Touch and inspired by ekranoplan technology, Ground Effect boasts incredible 3D graphic detail and the gameplay itself will appeal to lovers of fast-paced, competitive action games as well as those who prefer something more sedate and relaxing. _____________________________________ GAME FEATURES - Openfeint Leaderboards and Achievements - Choice of 10 Ground Effect craft - Touch or accelerometer controls - Stunning terrains - courses over land and sea - spanning 70 km2 - Attain speeds of over 400 kmh - Throttle speed & boost controls - Replay mode - take over and perfect your performance at any point - Ghost race - race against your own fastest time - Free roaming – explore at will - Huge draw distance - Sensitive and intuitive flight controls - Enjoy the in-game music or listen to your iPod _____________________________________ AUDIO Ground Effect features “A Rock in a Pond”, an amazingly atmospheric track by Diefenbach, from their latest album "Dark Spinner", combined with dramatic sound effects.
    Information
    Seller:Glenn Corpes
    Genre:Arcade, Racing, Action
    Release:Feb 08, 2010
    Updated:Feb 08, 2010
    Version:1.2
    Size:9.8 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Here are some more screenshots! ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd like to mention this great post that ra88it posted on page 63!

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    The appstore is gonna bankrupt me :(

3. Der-Kleine

yep! :( but I can tell you that this is a relaxing, smooth game with good graphics music and controlls! :D

I hope everyone enjoyed the picture! :D

4. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    any lite versions out? this game looks sweet ive been watching all the touch arcade updates on it...looks awsome....

5. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Are you the developer? Looks good, is it like iSR? I love that game and might as well with this. Very fast-paced I presume..

Any videos? :)

6. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    [​IMG]

Great!
    Downloading asap :)

7. Der-Kleine

No, I am not the developer, I am just a beta tester!

The develloper is GlennX! ;)

8. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Oh, LOL. I thought it said made by you on the picture :p :eek:. It does look good though. I hope its like iSR, we need more of that.

9. Der-Kleine

For those who want some more pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These screenshots are DIRECTLY from the game, I only edited the text into them! ;)

10. mathboy

mathboy Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    is this game powered by Unity?

11. Der-Kleine

I'll edit my post so that there aren't any misunderstandings.

That means that I made THE PICTURE! :D

12. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    #12 GlennX, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2009
  13. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    Awesome! Another beta tester here! Ground Effect is great! You won't regret it when you get it! :D:D

14. Der-Kleine

15. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Just found out that this game has free roaming! :)
    I never knew that, even though I have been following it's progress for ages.

16. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    No, it's a completely custom engine that has to do some very sneaky things to achieve the draw distance.

17. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    You may want to add the app info with description, price screenshots etc.
    Nice pics btw :)

18. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    #18 pharmx, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    Congrats Glenn (and Pam too!), I wish you guys the best! Great game and great dev :D

edit: DK updated :D

19. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Holy crap! :eek: Awesome video, that looks pretty intense. The music was also a nice touch for the video. Is it in the game? I think I have to buy this..

20. Der-Kleine

how do I do that? I thaught it does that automatically (It did in the Above & Beyond thread!)

I've updated my signature, btw! Now it's a link to the appstore and not to the thread! ;)