Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    Totally. Sea knight is incredibly valuable for class 1 events.

2. KR4UT

KR4UT Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Haha true! But i am used to a fleet of Kangaroos with 4 slots already, i kinda like them now. Sure, that 1 slot more makes a difference over time, but also, the Sea Knight is P/C, i kinda dont like those. I prefer to have seperate planes for Passengers and Cargo. Also, if a event is C or P only, i cant make full use of the mixed Sea Knights.

Right now i just prefer to get a taste of every new plane i can get, dont really worry about what makes perfect sense in the long run :)

3. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    I am partial to the Mapples rather than the SK. I like their speed versus the SK capacity.

4. PapiChullo

PapiChullo Active Member

Aug 27, 2012
    No problem. I'm okay on parts right now, it was just being wasted in my parts list anyway. Enjoy!

5. KR4UT

KR4UT Member

Nov 7, 2012
    I removed the #TA leaderboard from the spreadsheet but added a sheet for past events so that we can have a history of events and their final leaderboards etc. I added the Tiksi event with as much as i can remember and thanks to a screenshot Faye has posted when it ended. Thank you!

6. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Iv made the top 50 woohoo

level 15 :) again...

7. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I took screenshots of the last few events, and Faye regularly posts here the final standings. great idea :)

8. Angelxz

Angelxz Active Member

Jul 19, 2012
    USA
    Hey everyone. Just posting to say I like this game a lot and like the comraderie. Joined #TA1 and can see that my little jobs done do make a difference.

I think I hv 39 airports open and have a mix of planes I use. My largest ones are a couple of Fogbusters and one Tetra. After this event I hv to do airport clean up from previous events (waiting layovers) and figure out a strategy. The number of class 1 airports I hv open has become annoying. As for planes, All I want to do is get my hands on a concord but we shall see. Doesn't hurt to hv an end goal.

Anyway, My GC name is RedKnifeX. Feel free to add me.

9. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Hey and welcome to TA1. The number of airports you have open is too much. You will be able to fill planes quickly with 15 or less open. As for the Concorde, it is not available yet.

10. MishaK-R

MishaK-R Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    Starship???

Hey everyone,

I have a starship, fully upgraded, but whatever jobs I do, even with the 25% bonus, I always have a negative profit. Is anyone else having this? And how am I supposed to use the starship to gain money, or is the starship just there as a collector's item?

11. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    hey dude, hows u? where u sitting for this one? as mine reset im 50th lol

12. frownface

frownface Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Howdy all, i've been lurking in this thread for awhile now, but decided to register today to post.

I've been playing PP on my android device for about a month now since it arrived (currently lv31), and have found this thread invaluable for information, tips, hints etc, and am currently a member of TAO.

Unfortunately there's no game center on android, and instead we play via our mobage accounts. As far as i can tell there's no connection between game center and mobage, so I don't find myself being able to add anyone as a friend :mad:

What's prompted me to post today is that as of this morning is that i've found my game to now be bugged :confused: and i'd like to know if there is anyone else out there experiencing the same (presumably it's an android only issue)

In a nutshell, my planes fly much much faster than they're suppose to.

To elaborate, a New York -> Istanbul -> Beijing flight use to take 51 minutes, the journey now takes 5.
    2012-11-13_13-08-10.png

An aeroeagle takes 1 minute to fly from New York to LA instead of 18.
    2012-11-13_13-05-59.png

Has anyone else found this issue?

At face value, this sounds like a great bug to have but it actually ruins the balance of the game.

I've exited the game, and restarted it, restarted my device, etc but the bug remains.
    I did note that when started PP this morning, it said 'updating game files', which I have never seen before, this is despite google play showing no recent updates for it.

Any ideas?

John

13. kassdog

kassdog Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Mine is doing the same thing on android. Don't even want to play it because its just so much now. Constantly filling planes. I hope there is a fix soon.

14. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    The starship is so fast that the cost of flight is hard to over come. The only time you can achieve a profit is on a flight when you move Paris jobs from London to Paris. That being said, some people use the starship to 'chase' bux jobs. I'm not sure what the benefit of the plane is either. I tried using one once but I quickly grew tired of it and placed it in the "museum".

@frownface: I have not noticed any problem like you mention on the iPhone version. Maybe contact nimblebit support with your photos and description, me hopefully it will be corrected soon.

15. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Good, sitting 6th right now. Im sure youll be there soon once you get all those planes back.

16. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Haha, I'm chasing your tail. :D (opening mouth wide getting reading for a chomp).

17. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Here are a a couple of suggestions. Please feel free to comment.

@Vic: You're great for devising strategies and writing guides. How about writing
    - a start-up guide for newbies to PP so that they know what to look out for?
    - a guide for max bux/mystery parts etc.
    - a guide for newcomers to the forum/TA1 (e.g. add name in TA1 spreadsheet and add us in GC)
    And we'll all add this link in our signatures plus our GC names (especially for those whose GC names are different from their forum names).

To all:
    I like the TA1 info spreadsheet with the edit, where we're able to edit our info. I wonder if it's able to include a sort function as well, or keep it in auto sort order.
    I like philip of many P's idea of compiling a spreadsheet of TA1 leaderboard, but it's hard to keep it updated. But if we could do something like TA1 info spreadsheet + sort, then we'll just need to edit our own jobs and those around us and hit sort function. Let me go and play around with google docs to see if it's possible.

18. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    I'm experiencing the faster planes as well, also on Android. I just did Honolulu to Paris and back in 11 minutes. Boosting via bux is super cheap too, not sure what's going on but I'm going to write nimble about it. Also to you other DROID guys out there, do you know if our games are backed up via mobage? Like for instance if i got a new phone could I just sign into my current account and resume play?

19. frownface

frownface Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    #8939 frownface, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
    It did for me when I updated my OS and (inadvertantly) wiped my phone. I logged into mobage and it was right where i left off.

That said, mobage didn't do a thing when my Tiny Tower was wiped for no real reason in the past.

So your mileage may vary.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm glad to hear it's not just me then.

I tried playing for a few minutes just then, nothing's changed. It has made the game not so fun anymore.
    All my sequoas/cyclones/cloudliners are log jammed at my hubs (NY/Beijing/Jakarta/Paris) as my feeders aren't working fast enough.
    E.g. I send a tandem pair of cloudliners (P & C) from beijing to new york, usually taking the better part of an hour for a 1 way trip. In the while, my aeroeagles fill up the layovers and do drop off's. But now that a 1 way trip takes 5 minutes, my layovers can't keep up.

Also, if im not mistaken the Android leaderboards & iOS leaderboards are separate (bar flight crews) so this shouldn't affect our iOS cousins any.

As for contacting nimblebit, they are unlikely to do anything. I tried in the past re: Tiny Tower, but their response was they only support the iOS version of the game. Mobage are responsible for the Android version, and my experience with them was underwhelming.

20. yamfun

yamfun Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    I played PP for like a week on Android and it's super weird today so I searched the internet and found this thread, looks like I am not alone. So I registered to post this, hello all!

My 12-planes airline consist of a sequence of airports flyable by at least 650M range planes hopping from Tokyo to London.
    Usually the longest journey takes over 1 hour, such that I can dispatch all the planes then close the game and check after quite a while.

Today the longest trip takes like 4 minutes, at first I thought there is some super awesome special event so that the planes fly at light speed, and god those coins and bux came pouring in fast. But then I realize I can't stop because they keep on arriving their destinations and who can stand having their planes on idle?

But I found that with all the hopping clicks I have to perform I can't handle the 12 planes before they finish their previous trips. That is when I realize I have been cursed and condemned to the special hell for traffic controller, where you have to eternally dispatch planes to their destination.