Replacement for Asphalt 8

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Oceraux, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Create a mixture out of both (they aren't that different) and add your personal preferences. Be creative.

2. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    NFS:MW - gorgeous, unplayable due to crap controls. I don't even mind tilt, but it doesn't work here, and... Where are some buttons? A slider? Seriously?

Asphalt 8 - decent all around game, but they built the entire thing around nitro. You end up focusing on nitro procurement and management that you don't get to enjoy the game.

TTR - I played this game for about ten minutes and then had to go find a dog to kick in the ribs. Ugh, how people enjoy playing this lifeless physics garbage is beyond me. Oops, bumped the wall - restart.

Reckless Racing 2 - still the only racing game really worth playing on iOS.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Table Top Racing ? Seriously ?

Its a great game, maybe for some of us older games this is the closest we'll get to the classic Micro Machines (Genesis) on our iOS device. 'Lifeless physics' ? Think you're reading too much into it. Its a great little top down racer, quite tricky but then again people will just moan if its too easy so the devs cant win.

This thread is a great example of how picky iOS gamers are, a games free or 99c and they're still whinging ! Hate to see how people act if they spent $10-$40 on a game and dont like it!!

4. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    I have the right to state my opinion of the game, it was very cute but the racing just plain hurts. I knew ReVolt, and this is no Revolt.

Now 'Ignition', that is a racing game someone needs to port to iOS. It was way, way ahead of its time.