Universal Junk Jack Retro (By Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Glad I'm not the only one. Just encountered this myself.
    Everything in my inventory was saved, but unfortunately everything I had done in the world up to my previous night was reset...

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Another craft made my game exit. It was #5X (I can't remember the X. I think it was 3 or 4, but not sure). I didn't lose anything though, just spawned at home where I have the bed. I think there's an issue with adding several craft pages to the book. Maybe it's because the recipe book stopped being an item to become a menu button, all the recipes had to be adjusted to the new situation and some of them were left over? Just an idea.

3. Ashraam

Ashraam Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    France
    What's about people who had the 'Scrapbooker' achievement before the update ?

Do i have to gather all the recipes again ??!!

4. colourblind.cow

colourblind.cow Active Member

Jun 30, 2011
    #664 colourblind.cow, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
    This update has honestly annoyed me. Not only do i not know how to make my items because my fully filled craftbook has been rendered useless, i now have to resort to searching online again because i dont have the damned recipes. It is very VERY annoying, especially for someone like me who has put hours into this game, and then all of a sudden i don't know how to craft anything. You could have at the very least left the functionality of the old craftbook there, so i could have used it while hunting for the recipes once again.

Not only that, after this update, mobs have been spawning constantly in my house when this never happened before the update. I don't know if you tweaked it or something, but mobs honestly shouldn't spawn in the near vicinity of my bed. And yes my house has torches and lanterns and ceiling lights one one block apart from each other, so if thats not bright enough i have no idea what is.

Furthermore, after the update, some of my jewels and treasures that were on display on shelves disappeared. Even if they did not disappear, they are there only in display, and if i were to hit that block with a hammer, the shelf would be break but the image of trophies would remain there floating in midair. If i saved and exited to the main menu, the trophies would be gone completely. So essentially all of the trophies and jewels i had on display are now gone, because i can no longer get them back.

5. Penilegland

Penilegland Member

Nov 10, 2011
    I'm glad I decided to wait for impressions before updating junk jack, too often I've updated a game to have it basically ruined, I've learnt my lesson and tread carefully around updates now!
    I don't think I'll bother updating at all except later on if they add quests or whatever.
    Really, anyone who has a working version on junk jack shouldn't be updating, since it's really only a bug fix, and a dumbed down instruction book for n00bs...so why update? Threes absolutely no valid reason to, unless your on 2g or 3G and you had a crash problem! (even after the update ppl are saying it still doesn't work, so I guess this update is basically useless) .. Other than new customers who didn't know the old craft book scheme....

6. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Yes, it's no biggie though. I think the new book is much better and it didn't take that long to fill the last one.

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    It's not just bug fixes they changed some of the rates that minerals apear and when you make the gismo thing to make doors etc you now get 4 instead of 1. Mine was working fine before and it's still working fine now.

8. sokaroka

sokaroka Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    So will this ever work on 2G Touch? Or does the code have to be completely changed and it's just too big a job?
    But still, thanks for trying.

I played it on my brothers iPod today...bad idea.

9. pixlepix

pixlepix Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    So, I cant craf chests. i've double checked my recipe, and I am sanding next to a work bench. They worked fine before the update.

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Well shit.

I just had a crash after a three-hour mining spree. I went into my original world, went to my storage shed, sorted everything I picked up into chests, went to my mansion, opened the backpack near my crafting area and... Crash.

No big deal, I just packed everything into chests, right? WRONG. Pretty much a complete rollback to just after I loaded the world. Inventory gone.

At this point, I had several sets of statues I picked up, some treasure actually worth keeping, loads of materials I was about to use, list goes on.

Honestly, I'm now extremely, extremely disappointed, and will not be coming back for a few days. At least until I can face my bare inventory and chests without feeling like it's a futile effort. Shame, too, I was about to complete my grand library... /sigh

11. Penilegland

Penilegland Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Still not worth updating for myself,
    I'd rather have my completed recipe book intact, rather than have a few extra widgets..plus I've already got about 7 widgets premade sitting in a chest, so it's basically pointless for me. other then the very slightly adjusted mineral count (also doesn't interest me, it's only slight..I think the minerals were already at a perfect number/rareness in the original release..seemed all in balance to me.. I think they ajusted it because so many people were complaining it was too hard without recipes, so they basically tried to dumb down a few things in the game to make it easier for the noobs who are too lazy to google a tutorial!

I'm glad I got to experience the original version and collect my own recipes, I thought that was a nice little touch..it's a shame others didn't "get" it..because that was really one of th only goals in the game..now it's just about mining and building basically.

It's not entirely just the recipe book that has prevented me from updating the app, though I do think the devs should have allowed those who had already completed the recipe book keep them as well as the new book, but im also worried because there's all these new bugs in other versions, I'm worried there might be some that haven't been encountered yet that'll fully crash the game, and that'd really irritate me immensely..although I haven't actually played junk jack im days..I tend to play for hours on end one day, then don't touch it for a while, then do another long session, rather then short consistent sessions.

12. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    i bought the game but did not played yet, however if it's truth than it sucks. i thought the game will provide some challenges with enemies and crafting system but just building as a game goal is just meh.

13. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    We can understand that losing the craftbook was not a good thing, however that was necessary since we had to redo the structure, improving it.

Regarding craft notes, only basic notes are included among with a tutorial.
    Advanced craft notes still need to be found. :)

I'ts not dumbed down, but it just helps users that never played any kind of sandbox game. Not everyone likes to google how to play a game, you have to consider that.

14. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    #674 TimEggers, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
    Awesome update! Thanks guys, in the long run more people will now be able to experience the Junk Jack experience everyone here seems to love.

Pixbits ROCKS! (iTunes Review updated, 5-stars baby!)

Great tutorial, much needed, and it doesn't seem to offer anything the "pros" didn't figure out in short time. There really seems like a lot to do in this game, now Junk Jack sets the player up incredibly well to begin the adventure of discovery.

I truly hope you guys that were upset about the update look at it, Pixbits did a great job balancing what new players need to get started with leaving a TON to explore and discover. My concerns are fully addressed and now I really feel compelled to build, explore and craft items.

Now that wasn't so painful was it? :p

15. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    and now what?
    can you fix the unbreakable blocks issue on iPhone 3G, or i've threw away 3 bucks???

16. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    That was a new and shiny bug with xcode, unfortunately that never happened with our beta testers.. go figure!This is already fixed, and will be soon deployed. Our apologies :eek:

17. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Great update, dunno why people still complaining that now the game is TOO EASY.... those are only basic recipes in the craftbook. it doesnt even show nearly all the crafts you can make... Its the same way in Minecraft... They dont have a tutorial.... dunno why its such a big deal. I love this game. Cept they should make an option to "sleep" or "skip" thru night

18. dogxsx

dogxsx Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    A sleep option will come for sure ;)

19. colourblind.cow

colourblind.cow Active Member

Jun 30, 2011
    you do realise that people who are upset about the update are those who either have 2g devices or people who didnt find the update helpful in the least bit, and that all the update did was introduce bugs into the game. In fact i would suggest the opposite to people who have not updated and do not need an easy guide to the game to leave it as it is, unless you enjoy having your current display trophies disappear and for monsters to constantly spawn in your house.

20. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    Yes, bugs aside, I was speaking to the updated game-play elements. I've experienced ZERO bugs so far. The new game content is what I appreciate, sorry to hear about so many folks having new issues. Sure Pixbits is hard at work! :)