Error when opening post:

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Shashta, Mar 1, 2011.

1. #1 Shashta, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 26097 bytes) in /home/toucharc/public_html/forums/showthread.php on line 1268

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I am on iPod T 4g using latest atomic browser. It was fine until I changed to view as threaded but even when I changed it back ( to what I think I had it set to) still error.

Thanks shasta

Oh I restarted, cleared cache and threw the iPod but still no luck. It doesn't happen when I open other post just the pocket frog one.

2. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Do you mean this pocket frog thread?
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=66991&page=352

The default view options is "Linear - oldest first". Ive checked your problem and indeed the error is produced when you set "Thread Display Mode" to "Threaded".

Will let the admins know but I doubt this will be fixed soon. The pocket frog thread probably has too many posts for threading to be done with the current memory settings.

Changing the settings back to "Linear - Oldest First" should fix this problem. It did for me.

3. Maybe it's time to trim it  who said that? Really
    , I mean 15000 replies. I can't foresee why it needs to go that far back.
    Just an idea. Thanks. Shasta

4. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    I dont think forums typically "trim" their threads so I doubt that it would be done. But thanks for noticing that the threaded view is not working properly :) Lets see what the admins can do after all the GDC activities