Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 09-11-2013, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metekamil View Post
If you write your own review, I will place it on YouGamePlay.com (homepage)
I am looking to add reviews but I don't have the time. Plus, who knows better than the developer?

mail me at mete@metekamil.com if interested. I will be placing the review spot below the top video pick of the day. The app MUST have a video uploaded on youtube to accompany the review.

I'll have a proper system in place soon to submit reviews. No fee's.
Hi Sir, I have sent you an email, please have a look at your early convenient. Thank you so much.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacky View Post
Hi Sir, I have sent you an email, please have a look at your early convenient. Thank you so much.
Your welcome!
Please try sending your e-mail again and mark the subject as "App review".

Thanks,
Mete
Old 09-21-2013, 05:57 AM

There are many site providing blogs, were you can write article about the releasing game and we get reviewed from the game lovers or else you can submit to your game to the popular site were you get lot of views...
Old 09-21-2013, 02:17 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Some really good advice here, guys!

Here is my take:

I've listened to pretty much every podcast by TA in the last year and I've heard on more than one occasion that Eli wants to be emailed in order to be considered for a review.

That being said, I believe it all starts with making a good game. If it isn't good, the best contacts in the world won't help, I don't care if you're best friends with Eli or other review sites. Once you have a good solid game, post it in the forums here. You can either offer promo codes or not, but if the game is compelling, or engaging, or just worth peoples time, the thread WILL catch steam and snowball. The reviewers here take notice when threads become large or engaging. It also becomes one of the "Hot Games" once you get a certain amount of activity and that doesn't mean it has to be a ton of replies, I think it's more about frequency of replies once it hits maybe 5 or 10 total but this is only based off from what I have seen.

Remember that (especially in the forums) gamers are always on the lookout for good games to play. If you fail to get attention here or anywhere while making a reasonable effort, chances are your game just isn't clicking, is too generic, or just plain sucks.

It's tougher to get feedback for a potential winner of a game but just isn't clicking because people tend to quickly move on thanks to the nature of the App Store and sheer volume of games available. It's like ADD with App Store games.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:28 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Adding a review script in the app,would be a better idea. Only 3 per cent of users try to review the app they using.Promoting them for review is better idea but it also has limitations.If we have full faith in our app then we can ask users for reviews , but not repeatedly.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:42 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Default List of Reviewsites with updated Alexa Ranking

Here you can find a list of over 100 Reviewsites - and their Alexa Ranking is updated each day. Have fun!

http://www.reviewfordev.com/ipad-and...e-ios-apps.php
Old 10-11-2013, 02:38 AM

I used one paid-review site to promote my new-released app.that is quite good.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:51 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I avoid any pay review sites as i simply dont trust them. If you pay a site money to review your game i'm positive you'll get a much higher score than you would normally. They want your money, if they give your game 1/10 you wont go back there. Give your game a good score and you'll want to use them again.

Theres certain sites i trust, many i just like reading and dont take that seriously. I tend to look at youtube videos and make my own mind up or judge peoples opinions on a thread for the game

But pay review sites ? Hell no. They're about as believable as itunes reviews where so many seem fake

I've also started deleting apps which start nagging me for reviews. The worst are twitter/facebook nags. Why do i want to do your marketing for free and annoy my friends/family with some cheesy line about a game ? Weird.

WHATEVER you do dont create fake accounts to praise your own game, we see that all the time, some new game appears, must have taken them some time to create it as it looks great etc, but then they ruin it all seconds later by creating a new account, posting a shill post saying 'hey great game looks great' and they both get banned or put in time-out here. Unbelievable !

Last edited by psj3809; 10-11-2013 at 02:54 AM..
Old 10-11-2013, 03:35 AM

will that cost a lot of money>???
Old 10-11-2013, 03:38 AM

I am just curious whether you are a developer or reviewer?