★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Will Hero by Gameplar: breathtaking rogue-like action platformer with one-tap control

08-13-2017, 02:03 PM
#11
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Liberty city
Posts: 3,469
Sent a few messages to developer.
Would love to try this out and help wth suggestions.
Game looks absolutely amazing
08-13-2017, 02:28 PM
#12
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeKhan View Post
I found a bug:
If I go into Helms, then Roulette, and then hit Close without buying anything, the perspective is off when I return to the main screen. (It doesn't zoom back out properly)
Then when I start to play the camera is too high, and I can't see some platforms at the bottom edge of the screen.
Repeatable every time.
Using iPad mini 4, latest iOS.

This game just oozes charm. I love the monsters saying things when I die, it's hilarious. I also love the details. I enjoy the different heroes, like the Rabbit that spawns little bunnies when it kills an orc.
I like the special zones too, but I feel it should b included in the tutorial that you need to stand in front of them a few seconds to enter.

The tower mechanic is pretty cool, I like that it starts you off higher and higher and you can reach different areas. Adds some verticality to an otherwise horizontal genre.

Do the different heroes have stat differences? Or just visual change? Also, I rescued a princess and now she sits on my tower with me. Does that provide any boost or anything? Just curious.

Great game and great work!
Thank you for that thoughtful feedback and advice!)
I hope we will fix this bug very soon.

In fact, we do not have different heroes) These are just different helmets for the same hero - William)
At the moment, helmets have only cosmetic differences. We did not add any gameplay differences, so that the player did not have to choose which helmet to use: the one that more attractive for the player, or the one that has a more useful bonus.

And about the princess: at the moment she does not give any boosts, but we are considering different options. For example, she can become a companion in adventures, or simply reward the player with crowns every time he enters the game after a certain time out of the game. Or maybe she will give some unique quest. There are many options. Want to realize many of them)

08-13-2017, 02:29 PM
#13
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Sent a few messages to developer.
Would love to try this out and help wth suggestions.
Game looks absolutely amazing
Thank you! I saw only one message with you email and added it to our TestFlight.
08-13-2017, 06:15 PM
#14
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Liberty city
Posts: 3,469
Can you make stats on the helmets so they aren't just for cosmetic purposes.
Like +1,2,3 health +1,2,3 damage ect
08-14-2017, 06:09 AM
#15
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Can you make stats on the helmets so they aren't just for cosmetic purposes.
Like +1,2,3 health +1,2,3 damage ect
We considered this option, but it has its negative sides.
1. Sometimes the most attractive helmet for a player will not be the most suitable for him in terms of parameters.
2. With so many helmets, it's difficult to make them all different. At global launch we will have about 50 helmets, and later about 100. With such a simple game mechanics, it's difficult to make them all different. Probably we can change health, damage, or come up with a couple of additional parameters. And thats all. Too few options.
08-14-2017, 08:11 AM
#16
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yep View Post
We considered this option, but it has its negative sides.
1. Sometimes the most attractive helmet for a player will not be the most suitable for him in terms of parameters.
2. With so many helmets, it's difficult to make them all different. At global launch we will have about 50 helmets, and later about 100. With such a simple game mechanics, it's difficult to make them all different. Probably we can change health, damage, or come up with a couple of additional parameters. And thats all. Too few options.
I like them just being cosmetic. Otherwise you just choose one with the best stats and the rest are forgotten.
Right now it's pretty cool - the common ones just looks different, and the rare ones seem to have bonus effects - like a storm cloud that follows you, or birds flying out when you push an orc, or clouds of smoke etc.
You can just choose the one you think is coolest.

That upgrades come from your tower by introducing powerful spells as you build it up. Simple and balanced imo.
08-14-2017, 12:18 PM
#17
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Liberty city
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yep View Post
We considered this option, but it has its negative sides.
1. Sometimes the most attractive helmet for a player will not be the most suitable for him in terms of parameters.
2. With so many helmets, it's difficult to make them all different. At global launch we will have about 50 helmets, and later about 100. With such a simple game mechanics, it's difficult to make them all different. Probably we can change health, damage, or come up with a couple of additional parameters. And thats all. Too few options.
Ide rather keep playing if I knew I will progress in the game. Making the helmets have better stats to do so would keep me coming back.
Just cosmetics wouldn't imo . I already stopped from lack of progression and no need to want to collect the helmets from looks alone.
Their are all types of stats you could add to the helmets besides the two i quickly wrote down.
I hope you guys all the best . You have what looks to be a huge hit on your hands with just a little more time and changes.
08-14-2017, 04:33 PM
#18
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeKhan View Post
I like them just being cosmetic. Otherwise you just choose one with the best stats and the rest are forgotten.
Right now it's pretty cool - the common ones just looks different, and the rare ones seem to have bonus effects - like a storm cloud that follows you, or birds flying out when you push an orc, or clouds of smoke etc.
You can just choose the one you think is coolest.

That upgrades come from your tower by introducing powerful spells as you build it up. Simple and balanced imo.
Thank you) This is exactly our vision of the game)
08-14-2017, 04:35 PM
#19
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Ide rather keep playing if I knew I will progress in the game. Making the helmets have better stats to do so would keep me coming back.
Just cosmetics wouldn't imo . I already stopped from lack of progression and no need to want to collect the helmets from looks alone.
Their are all types of stats you could add to the helmets besides the two i quickly wrote down.
I hope you guys all the best . You have what looks to be a huge hit on your hands with just a little more time and changes.
But what about tower? Exactly for player with your expectations we develop tower and spells unlocking with tower building.
This is not a progression for you?
08-17-2017, 02:32 PM
#20
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluskap View Post
5000 people playing it already ...
5000? As in 5k? Either that's a typo or this is what I call a thorough beta test ...

GC: Fukamushi-San