iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Yeah, that standing kick is brutal. I've become so damn block happy against Bisons because it's all they do. And it's always 2 times in a row (I learned that the hard way). And I need to remember to never ground teleport against Bison after a jump in. It's such an easy setup for psycho crushers (which seems to do a ton of damage).

Bison always gives me fits. I always feel like I play well against him but end up getting caught once or twice and Bison does some serious damage when he catches Sim. Any tips for that matchup?

2. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    no no. you overestimate me. Sagat is so strong that I bet you would beat me pretty good. I get most of my BP from Blankas, Bisons, and Sims :D

Thats a great topic. Everyone should post about who their favorite opponents are and why.

Most favorite:

Blanka, Bison, Dhalsim

Least favorite:

Balrog, Zangeif, all shotos (including Sagat)

3. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Would anyone else whiff Sagat's super just to see his superman flying in a ranked match?

4. HEIF_37

HEIF_37 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    The most trouble I have against sim is his grabs(they seem to have an outrageous amount of priority against Bison) and FA's. When I fight ken|ken he is able to tele away with me rarely hitting him with a crusher. Also, when we are close up he is good at hitting me with a quick FA and then dashing back... causes little damage but messes me up and buys him some more time.

Usually against sims, I try to rush and rush and rush and even if they are blocking I try to not let up and cause as much chip damage as possible.

If I am playing a sim that is turtling a lot I just start doing devil reverses and then they start FA, at that point I do EX devil reverse which is two hits and screwes the FA up... watch bisons meter because without it, he is pretty screwed on wake ups

5. ivwshane

ivwshane Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2011
    you bastard!

6. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    Hey..i was gonna give a shout out to you. I played a 3200BP blanka yesterday and through 2 rounds, he hit me once. I put it up on replay on the KaChigga account.

After playing you and -40, I fear no other Blanka...i rarely get a second match though :D

7. HEIF_37

HEIF_37 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I can't beleive the cammy v bison match up...... is there anything he upercut can't cancel that bison does? Whenver I play you apprunner.... you get me with that ####in upercut no matter what i'm doing lol. It's also funny that her hit box during the upercut is a 4"x4" block, but her little pointy toe is the animation.... ya right lol @ that

8. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    All about matchups dude. Balrog, a good Ken/Ryu/Akuma, and Geif own me :( You know why TenOnez so good...he can FA instantly as you jump/punch/uppercut and punish you with it. He does it on reaction :eek: I've never met a player who can do that on reaction.

9. Snooper

Snooper Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    I dunno, I reckon bison-cammy is in bisons favour. Its really hard to punish teleports in volt because you cant option select and his ex devils reverse gets you out of any pressure. As long as you play lame and dont randomly jump in/headstomp you can just lame her out. And his low medium punch beats cammys uppercut if spaced right. If youre having heaps of trouble with uppercuts then teleport to bait them and punish.

@Apprunner

Favourite matchups

Dhalsim, Abel, Makoto

Least favourite

Guile, Balrog, Sagat

Besides those three cammy doesnt really have any hard matchups imo. Bison, ryu and Dee Jay are slightly against her, but not that bad.

10. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    Snooper...could use your help against Abel. I think you have that match dialed in because you had mained Abel at some time. Its not too bad for me at times but would love some pointers to better handle him as some scrubby ones have gotten me a couple times. :D

Also, I've gotten pretty comfortable with Guile matchups. That nerf to double sweep really helped. The only times I have issues if they stop using sonic boom and just sit there! but that is pretty lame...

11. Snooper

Snooper Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    Rush him down. Just constantly divekick/tick throw/whatever, just go nuts. Dont randomly uppercut, ever. Thats it lol.

Yeah most guiles arent really a problem, but the ones who know what theyre doing (I know bp is a stupid system but generally if they have 3000+) are really annoying. You have to take a huge risk to do any damage because the recovery on his sonic boom is ridiculous. Plus meaty divekicks dont work against flash kick so you cant do much after a knockdown.

12. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    Favorite matchups:

None

Worst matchups:

All

13. TenOnez

TenOnez Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    #12333 TenOnez, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    Fought a guy in the 4000 BPs named Nyak and he played Ryu vs. my Rog. I got him in 2 out of the 3 matches we had but, he did not quit when he lost.

Much respect to Nyak for that and I don't even mind that I lost that 1 or if I were to lose 2 or 3. That's rare and he has a very good Ranked Match record and for him to just play legit and be a good player in the high BPs of the game, I respect that.

I respect you all too, so don't think I just respect him haha. :eek:

Best Matchup: I guess... Like.. Yun?

Worst Matchup: Any match that has a lot of lag. Besides that.. Sagats, C. Viper, and Bisons are pretty difficult. Cammy can be a headache and Dhalsims can be bad too.

14. slrc_91

slrc_91 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Student
    Cozumel, Mexico
    Favorite matchup:
    Sagat

Matchup that I don't like:
    Maybe Akuma. Or defensive Guiles.

15. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    Nyak is definitely legit and really good. A little cocky though :)

16. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    *grumble mumble bumble stumble continue to grumble*

17. YoungDr3amer

YoungDr3amer Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Student/Bank Intern
    Toronto, Canada
    We should have some fun, I'm proposing TouchArcade vs TA AccentCore team tournament. Single elimination, king of the hill, essentially whatever majority likes. It shouldn't be difficult to setup, only the time-zone issue and meeting up opponents.

Imagine...? :)

18. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Did you ever get your issue with the Battle Network updating your TPs worked out? I cleared out cookies, uninstalled/reinstalled SF4V but it's still not updated. Do I need to leave the team for it to take effect? :(

You can actually put the iPhone in Airplane mode and still turn on Wifi.

The uppercut is a pretty good anti-air. If it trades, it can still come out on the winning end damage-wise depending on what you traded with.

Favorite matchups: Bison (I get more Perfects against Bisons... :D ), Guile, Fei, Vega.

Matchups I hate: Sagat, Blanka, Ryu

Matchups That bore me to Tears: Honda, Dhalsim, Akuma

19. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I thought about that too actually. Could be fun!

20. slrc_91

slrc_91 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Student
    Cozumel, Mexico
    #12340 slrc_91, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    Don't forget about the rest that aren't members of TA teams D: