An iOS game that doesn't feel like a mobile game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Marshall618, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Jeffy Kim

Jeffy Kim New Member

Jul 28, 2013
    IQ Test Maybe

Play Fast Smash-Gamers IQ test,its really makes you think and one thing i love about the game is that its unpredictable...u should try it

2. Jeffy Kim

Jeffy Kim New Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Tell me how you feel about it

3. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Haha what?

I'm just chiming in to give my two cents on what I feel is the best game on all of iOS: Mage Gauntlet.

It has a very 16-bit action RPG vibe to it (think of a more approachable Zelda title with a hilarious and endearingly goofy sense of humour and you're on the right track). The controls are arguably the best virtual controls of any iOS game, the story is lengthy and engrossing, and the hack n' slash combat is fleshed out to be a strategic pattern-based stick & move experience instead of a frantic "button" masher. The difficulty curve is gradual and consistent, so the first level is a breeze and the last few are exercises in patience, without ever making you feel like the stiff challenge is thrown into your lap too quickly.

I don't often offer my opinion in threads such as this since everyone's taste is so subjective and there are usually already loads of suggestions, but I think Mage Gauntlet is one of those almost universally loved gaming experiences. I think it's only 3 bucks, and it's definitely worth the asking price many times over in my opinion.

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Penumbear
    Jet Car Stunts

5. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    #25 Nobunaga, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    I like a lot of casual games, I really don't have time to sit and play a console so much these days.
    The fact that more in depth games are generally designed so you can hop in and out of them without losing progress. I would say that it is fairly obvious that consoles offer a better selection of high quality FPShooters and Racers. Some of the quirkier titles appeal to me more.
    However, for a few games with higher production values (more console like) I'd suggest:
    Deus Ex.
    Mass Effect.
    N.O.V.A
    Infinity Blade Series.
    Epoch.
    NFS: most Wanted.
    Real Racing 2.
    Chaos Rings series.
    Metal Slug series. + Apocalypse Max if you like MS.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #26 JBRUU, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    But all of those, with the exception of Metal Slug, RR2 and possibly Deus Ex definitely feel like a mobile title - ie, something feels missing, cut out, lacking, not up to snuff when compared to console titles. And I'm not talking graphics here.

Great general "AAA iOS" list, though. NOVA 2 and A-Max in particular hold a special place with me.

7. Chill Dude

Chill Dude Member

Jul 3, 2013
    I'd have to go with Dead Space and the Ace Attorney Trilogy other than the list you mentioned at the start as my first go to would have been The World Ends With You. Of course there is also a healthy retro back catalogue from SEGA to explore too :)

8. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Horn
    Lego Batman: DC Superheroes
    XCOM
    Mage Gauntlet

9. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Deus Ex isn't too bad, it retains a lot of the same ingredients as its PC counterpart but as with most non ports there is a level of polish that isn't achieved due to budget and time constraints.