Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-26-2014, 03:16 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoen View Post
Tried it for the first time today. I ended up staying on the toilet way longer than I'd have liked ;P
Ha!!! I must admit this has happened to me on more than one occasion, as well as almost missing my stop for work :O

I haven't played this in some time, gotta get back into it...
Old 08-27-2014, 01:16 AM

Universal Gameplay

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 08-27-2014, 11:29 AM

Thanks Stella!

So, now that version 1.2 is in review at Apple, I'm starting to work on 1.3. The main new feature will be support for push notifications.

As I said earlier, the idea would be to let members of a clan send notifications to all other members. To limit abuses, only people with a certain number of tiles and who have been in the clan for long enough will be able to send them. And they won't be able to send more than one per day.

There will be a set of pre-written notifications to chose from and so far I have 3 ideas:
  • a general cheer: "Go clan go!"
  • a request to mine in a location: "Mine this area with me!"
  • a request to attack a location: "Wipe those people that surround me!"
(wording to be written)

The last 2 would embed a location, so that people receiving them could jump straight to the action.

What do you think? Do you have any other notification ideas that could be useful?
Old 08-27-2014, 02:53 PM

Wow. I just downloaded this. It's amazing. Like I don't know why but you just wanna keep playing. I had to stop myself so I could eat. lol
Congrats and this. It's really neat. I still don't get what the tools are for, though.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:21 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Thanks Stella!

So, now that version 1.2 is in review at Apple, I'm starting to work on 1.3. The main new feature will be support for push notifications.

As I said earlier, the idea would be to let members of a clan send notifications to all other members. To limit abuses, only people with a certain number of tiles and who have been in the clan for long enough will be able to send them. And they won't be able to send more than one per day.

There will be a set of pre-written notifications to chose from and so far I have 3 ideas:
a general cheer: "Go clan go!"
a request to mine in a location: "Mine this area with me!"
a request to attack a location: "Wipe those people that surround me!"
(wording to be written)

The last 2 would embed a location, so that people receiving them could jump straight to the action.

What do you think? Do you have any other notification ideas that could be useful?
I think that's a great idea. In one of the past releases, you included the ability to see where the last few wipers were used I think. With the notification and the change to prevent people from destroying your empire with wrong moves, would it be possible for you to get a notification if someone used a wiper on you that includes the name and the location?

Quote:
Wow. I just downloaded this. It's amazing. Like I don't know why but you just wanna keep playing. I had to stop myself so I could eat. lol
Congrats and this. It's really neat. I still don't get what the tools are for, though.
Welcome! The first tool is the "sonar" which lets you see the locations of all mines on the screen for a few seconds. The second is a "wiper" that lets you clear solved tiles from the board. Previously you could have gotten rid of other players' tiles by making a wrong move near their empire, but that has been changed. Now, you need to use the wiper in order to clear their tiles.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plyte View Post
would it be possible for you to get a notification if someone used a wiper on you that includes the name and the location?
Ooooh, good idea! And we could also make attacks much more visible on the map so that you can easily follow (and fight back with your own Wipers) once you're back in the app.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:17 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Ok, I'm back with a new phone, and this game is really cool! I don't get how one could make Minesweeper so addicting, but this guy did it XD
Old 09-21-2014, 01:54 PM

Thank you!

In other news, version 1.3 is in its final testing phase, with clan chat, notifications, and support for native iPhone 6 and 6 plus resolutions. I plan to submit it this week if everything goes well
Old 09-22-2014, 05:29 PM

I'm interested in why you limit your audience to iOS 7 and above? I don't want to update my old iPad 2 to ios7 but wish I could try it out.

I assume it must a legitimate technical reason as you are indeed limiting your audience to some degree. I'll probably upgrade when the new iPads come out this year but I wanted to ask in any case.

Thx
Old 09-23-2014, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonHurst View Post
I'm interested in why you limit your audience to iOS 7 and above? I assume it must a legitimate technical reason
Yes, part of the reasons I started the project was to get my hands on SpriteKit which is iOS 7 only.