Help with Underworlds Controls

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pluto6, Jun 27, 2009.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    How do you activate the special attacks? I shake, i spin, I touch (hmm... that sounds catchy...) but I can't get my guy to do any special attacks, and am getting pwned as a result sometimes... I know it must be really easy, but for the life of me (and my guy) I can't get it to work for me..:confused:

2. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    *sigh* just read the instructions or something. You have to put points into the skills before you can use them. Then they will show up on the button of your screen.

3. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    SoCal - I am not that bad a gamer. The game itself does not have an instruction screen. I have put points into skills, they show up at the bottom of the screen, and I when I press them - nothing, nada, zip, zero.... I tried the iPhone movements (which also did not work) due to their icons having a slashing symbol, and a circular symbol - with so many games using accelerometer controls - maybe that was the key - sadly no.
    Are you just supposed to press them like the target and loop buttons? Will they work anytime, or just in a battle scenario?

4. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    all your do is put points into the feats (slash, berserk, etc) and then just click them. They work when you target a creature I suppose.

5. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    in order to get the special attacks to work, press the action button first to hit a creature, then press the special attack...the special attacks will not work otherwise...this is something i hope they will change with an upcoming update

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I have tried doing this multiple times. All I get is either a red bar, or my guy moves to that spot on the floor. My vitality is lowering, so maybe the attacks are being done, but I don't see any special animations - particularly the circular one with berzerk - I only have 2 feats on it, maybe I need a higher level of feats before I get the animations?:confused:

7. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    ...ah, do you have the latest update? If so, the dev did say that some were experiencing some flakiness with the special attack controls.

also, even before the update, i kept trying to use my left hand to try and activate the special attacks, but I would often get that red bar of death, I would instead have to press, action/attack button, then use my right index finger to specifically press the feat icons

yes, there is an animation for each one of them, the multi hit attack has your sword spinning around you, the other two, i believe simply show a giant sword or shield in the middle of the screen for a moment

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Thanks so much. I have not tried holding the button down and trying an attack. Also, I checked out some videos on Youtube - they showed an Action button, and my version shows a Target button. So, once someone is targeted, pretty much you just leave it alone and let them whack away, unless you move the guy. Hopefully the updates will take care of these issues, as I really enjoy the format (ah, Diablo...), but without special attacks, it does make things somewhat more difficult...

9. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    okay, just fired up the game to see if I had any problems getting the feats to work

i hit 'target', waited for my guy to hit a monster, and then hit the shield bash button and it worked with no problem, a shield icon appeared in the middle of the screen...now I tried to hit the feat with the sword icon just after that and it didn't register, but i still killed the creature I think with more normal hits, so I'm not sure if the 2nd feat didn't register because the creature died or it didn't register my touch

10. ENERTRON

ENERTRON Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    on the subject of underworlds' controls...

does anyone else's character move in a jerky fashion?

it's worse while trying to use the virtual d-pad, but still also noticable in tap-to-move mode. graphics are a little more complex than idracula but i would definitely sacrifice resolution for a smooth walking animation. i really want to like this game coz everything else about it is great

11. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    #11 Devilishly Good, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
    you could try a reboot of your device to see if that helps...? the movement in the game shouldn't be jerky

12. OneEye

OneEye Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    There is an issue with music and OS3.0 that causes jerky movement. We are waiting for Apple to approve the 1.12 update that will address them.

For now, just turn off music and you shouldn't have the movement jerkiness.

Sorry for the problems.