★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-28-2018, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticBlur View Post
Pardon my ignorance please:

a. What's so special about this game (or the original) to warrant the purchase price?
b. iPhone X support - is this formatted to support its aspect ratio?
To the best of my knowledge, here's what I know.

a. This game's biggest appeal is its combination of various genres.
The kinds of games included in Evoland 2 are approximately as follows.
RPG, Action, Adventure, Platformer, Danmaku(Bullet hell), Fighting, Stealth, Puzzle, Trading Card(TCG), Rhythm, Strategy.
And the advantage of the mobile version is that it is portable and significantly cheaper than the price($19.99) of the pc version.

b. I don't know about it because I'm a plus model, not an iPhone X.
However, according to the article in the previous TouchArcade, it is considered optimized.
http://toucharcade.com/2018/02/21/ev...ruary-28-sale/
"Evoland 2 has controller support on iOS and is optimized for iPhone X from the get go."
02-28-2018, 08:16 AM
Is this too big to download without wifi?

02-28-2018, 08:21 AM
OMG!
Apart from the great devs and game this is a premium title at a launch price that is a steal!!! Downloading
02-28-2018, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticBlur View Post
Pardon my ignorance please:

a. What's so special about this game (or the original) to warrant the purchase price?
Its cheap as anything ! You have an iphone x, you must have money

Seriously the original was a great game and this game seems even bigger/better. Love the way it starts from simple RPG's and moves onto other types of RPG's
02-28-2018, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdigious View Post
And thank you again for the screenshots.
We identified the bug. It's due to your iPad Display & Brightness settings with the Screen Zoom setting set to Big.
Of course it's also due to the fact the we didn't handle such a situation.
A quick fix would be to put this setting back to normal or wait for our incoming update!

Thank you
Wow, thanks for the temporary alternative. When set to standard, it looks good.
I'll enjoy it like this for the time being. Wait for the next update.

And Playdigious is the best at converting PC games into mobile.
(Of course, thanks to the original developer Shiro games! )
02-28-2018, 08:29 AM
For anyone interested this is compatible with iPhone X (full screen and all) just downloaded and opened it you just have to turn the phone so that the text is not from the side that the iPhone X is cut (the front camera must be on your right hand) cause otherwise the text is cut and you can not see some words.
Update....
Ok this is a bit of a problem for iPhone X users. When holding the phone the way i mentioned part of your left hand gets in the way of the speaker so you can not hear the music ant other voices so well. Will wait for a response from the devs.

Last edited by sakara214ever; 02-28-2018 at 08:39 AM.
02-28-2018, 08:32 AM
Fantastic and worth the price of admission. About 10 min in and loving everything about it.
02-28-2018, 08:45 AM
I'll definitely be getting this. For those that haven't played the first one, it is 80% off right now.
02-28-2018, 08:55 AM
Put in about 45 minutes this morning and almost didnt make it to work on time. Loving this so far and cant see that changing. Love the homage to those classic games I played growing up.

Got stuck in the forest trying to find a way across the creek. Thought I was stuck but finally figured it out. This is already proving to be well worth the cash if you have time to play it. Everything from the story, to the art, gameplay, its all top notch.

Game Center: AnotherkellydwN

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 2481-8785-2021

My Instagram & Twitter
02-28-2018, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenzoj View Post
I'll definitely be getting this. For those that haven't played the first one, it is 80% off right now.
Thought it was just 10% off ? 80% seems huge