Universal Kitten Sanctuary by Clockwork Pixels : Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Clockwork Pixels, Mar 27, 2012.

1. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Thanks for the 4.3 fix, my wife adores this game!

2. Clockwork Pixels

Clockwork Pixels Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Well, I took the first step today by upgrading to Lion & the latest xCode, it's been a very ... very ... very ... long ... day! (lots of progress bars and I had to download/install Lion twice) :'(

Hi Ian, you were the first to report this, so thank you! It seems like a month ago to me now, but it's only been since page 8! ... Glad it's fixed now : )

3. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    One problem I'm having with the game on my iPod Touch 4th gen, is that the menu in the sanctuary scrolls off the screen and pressing the top menu buttons can become impossible. I often have to press exit, then come back to the sanctuary in order to select a different choice from the menu.

4. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Thanks! The next update (which has just been submitted to Apple) has been compiled with the latest SDK and I believe (looking at the simulator) the iPad's retina display should be used. A lot of the assets are capable of using the insane resolution (should appear sharper than iPad 1/2), but some assets will need a bit of tweaking later (the kittens are working hard on having a whip round for a real piece of hardware).

Ah, that'll be when using the toy menu? The screen scrolls up to make room for the toy selection which pushes the Info button half way off the top of the screen ... I can tap it, but I'm probably used to it and aim for just below button subconsciously ... I'll make sure the screen doesn't scroll up so far in the next update (there's already an update with Apple, so it'll have to wait for the Game Center update) ... thanks for pointing it out : )

Btw, I think someone at Apple is a bit fond of the game (thank you, whoever you are!) ... please will someone with an iPad and a US store account check the 'What's Hot' section for the Games category (I'm in the UK and can only check via iTunes). I think it should be No. 6 which places the game on the main games screen (if you scroll down a bit).

Thanks again : )
    George

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Congrats on the stellar TA front-page review, George. So, so deserving. :)

Alright, I must ask... any chance we'll see Puppy Sanctuary on iOS?

6. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
  7. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Just grabbed this -- does it support iCloud syncing? I assume not (since so few games do) but it'd be awesome.

8. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Congrats on this! Thanks for making an awesome game. :)

now maybe the fans in here could help by adding lots of comments onto the article in support.... :p

9. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Under "Top Paid iPad Games", Kitten Sanctuary is #204 as of noon Central time today. And you are, indeed, featured as #6 under "What's Hot" on the games page!

Congratulations, too, on the very favorable reviews that appeared this morning on Slide To Play and AppSpy! Both really loved your game, and Slide To Play made special mention of the IAP stance.

10. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #130 dclose, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
    Someone asked that previously, and he said he's reserved the name in the App Store, but hasn't started work on it yet.

Edit: Ah, found the [post=2209705]link to that conversation here[/post].

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    As much as I've been following this thread, I'm surprised I never noticed. :eek: Thanks.

12. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    No problem. I only remembered because I have a friend who's a puppy freak and would go nuts for such a game. :D

13. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Thank you! I doubt these reviews would have been possible without everyone's kind comments & feedback here ... I took the liberty of putting some of this threads love into follow up review requests ; )

I didn't send a follow up to TA as I was just delighted to get the Kitty Korner feature, so that was a pleasant surprise and really rounded off the whole KS experience nicely ... I've sent them an email, but just in case ... thank you TA!

Sorry, not at the moment. I need to look into Game Center support first ... I don't actually have iCloud switched on here so it's a mystery to me. I'll start using it soon and try to figure it all out.

Thank you ... okay, I'm now convinced that US iTunes & US App Store are indeed synced, so won't ask this again ... it's just that downloads didn't really change much, but I guess there are several factors at play. Thanks for checking! : )

Ha, it's honestly not a stance, but their write up was fun to read : ) I only mentioned 'NO IAPs' on the description because I was worried a few people would see the shop screen with its 'Buy Now' button and assume the game would be riddled with them.

I'll most likely release the next game (Darkside) with a single 'unlock' IAP, but of course the initial download will be free. This is mainly because the Lite edition of Kitten Sanctuary pretty much evaporated into thin air!

Eeek! I probably only have a couple months left until I lose the name. Should be okay, but it does use later features in the engine, so I should get started soon just in case.

Thanks again everyone : D
    George

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #134 metalcasket, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
    *reads George's post and smiles*

Yep, that's pretty much all I can say. As I said earlier, this thread is some beautiful stuff, man. :)

15. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    http://www.appspy.com/kitten-sanctuary-review

4/5

16. mavere

mavere Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2012
    The initial retina update made me jump on the full version. Things definitely look a lot better!

I hope improvements will continue, though. Right now, the menu and in-game text graphics are the most glaring "issue".

17. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    This is one buck now ...

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    And yet you won't find anyone complaining as I'm sure all of us here jumped on the chance to get this when it launched for a buck. :) Those of you who haven't gotten the chance to check out this gem, do it.

19. PugLover

PugLover Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    USA
    My goodness this looks so cute!! Looks adorable, I think I'm gonna go for it

20. Sylvr

Sylvr Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    great game and only thing i regret is not purchasing it at full price!

please consider having a "donation button" added. its tricky, i dont know how people will feel if the donation button gives you a special toy or kitten or anything, but just having the button there to do nothing more than provide extra thanks wouldnt be a bad thing. you deserve it!