Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-12-2014, 02:56 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Finished the game. Unfortunately the end feels a bit flat but hints at additional content to come (I think)
Old 05-22-2014, 01:24 AM
iPad (4th Gen)

Default Fleeing is okay

What I found is that when you've taken a bad beating, it's very hard to recover. Yes, you can roll the ship and get a breath. But that doesn't help when the enemy knocks out your missiles and two defenses, and then fires wave after wave of missiles.

I've now started to simply hit pause and flee the scene. That way, I don't waste missiles and limit the fire damage. Any objections to this strategy?
Old 05-26-2014, 02:20 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

No objection and in the books the reality was that faster ships could get away it was only when needing to attack or defend an objective that you are forced to fight.

The most important component or missile are the ones that damage your opponents systems especially their weapons. If you take a pounding and loose your defenses if can keep your weapons repaired you can still win and come back from a bad pounding.

MK13's and Hellfire seem the best but ship components can get you similar results with the faster loading basic missile.

To bypass enemy defenses you can fire in waves so their defense only targets one tubes worth of missiles and equipping the Missile armor component can defeat enemy laser defense.

Its worth hanging out in sectors to grind enough resources to buy Legendary equipment and your Level Boosters. The Purple Prototype Z-RZ Booster is the best one you can find for purchase so buy as many as your going to need as the next sector does not have them.

I have completed the game and hope they add more content and perhaps a vs mode. Currently my ship can fire 110 missiles on screen or rather on radar as some volleys don't render.

*Edit*
On a side not has anyone actual got legendary components from legendary cargo pods?
I rarely get legendary cargo pods from gold missions and they never have legendary components.

Last edited by ShadowDrake777; 05-26-2014 at 02:44 PM..
Old 05-27-2014, 12:38 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake777 View Post
*Edit*
On a side not has anyone actual got legendary components from legendary cargo pods?
I rarely get legendary cargo pods from gold missions and they never have legendary components.
Yes, legendary pods drop legendary components. Unfortunately, i'd say only 1 out of 8 or 10 times, maybe even less. But my ship is half equipped with orange components, all from drop. I guess this is really random, because it happens that I get a lucky strike and loot three of them in a row, and then it's on for white boxes for a day...
Old 05-30-2014, 04:24 AM

Would love an update to this, I'm fiending.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:14 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I was wondering, for anyone who completed the game, do side missions disappear if you move on to the next main mission? I know that the random encounters disappear, but I'm not sure if the side missions do as well. I've been grinding that on after sector 18 because it has a chance of legendaries, but I also want to move on...
Old 06-11-2014, 07:55 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Help with Willis ship (2nd Boss)

It took me a minute, but I finally "got" how to play this game. I need some strategy help to beat the 6000 point Boss ship at the end if the 2nd level.

I'm stumped. I made sure all of my areas were max level, and I bought a TON of missiles, but I cannot get through his defenses in enough time before he blows the snot out of me.

I'm clueless as to the strategy I need to use to get in enough damage to his weapons to give me a fighting chance.

I'm open to suggestions.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:27 AM

Does using more than one of the same component provide extra bonuses?I know using more than one Level Booster does but I can't tell if it is working for other components. I am enjoying the game but the lack of any references is making it a little difficult to tell if what I am doing is fully effective. It would be great if Idol Minds made a guide page on theier site or something.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:01 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams4000 View Post
Does using more than one of the same component provide extra bonuses?I know using more than one Level Booster does but I can't tell if it is working for other components. I am enjoying the game but the lack of any references is making it a little difficult to tell if what I am doing is fully effective. It would be great if Idol Minds made a guide page on theier site or something.
That's definitely a good question. My experiments so far are that

- multiple boosters and Hull point components stack, obviously.
- Multiple disruptors of the same kind seem to cancel one another, and do barely any damage at all to the ennemy system.
- Multiple payload components stack and increase the damage.

I'm not too sure about the missile speed components, but I feel it does stack.