Saving Alley Cats! - simple, silly, swift swiper with pixel-art graphics

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by goshki, Apr 18, 2014.

1. goshki

goshki Member

Apr 18, 2014
    #1 goshki, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    Hi there! I'm a newcomer here but I've read in the rules that it's ok to announce own games, so here goes.

Last weekend I made a simple Android game. It's called Saving Alley Cats and it's about... well, saving cats! The game is available on Google Play now.

[​IMG]

In this game you control a little guy at the bottom of the screen by swiping your finger and have to catch the ever-increasing hordes of poor felines that were careless enough to slip off the windowsill.

The graphics were made by me and the music has been provided by a good friend of mine.

If you have any questions, suggestions or accolades, I'm all ears! :D

2. goshki

goshki Member

Apr 18, 2014
    #2 goshki, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    [UPDATE] Saving Alley Cats! - simple, silly, swift swiper with pixel-art graphics

I've just updated the game and the new version is live on Google Play.

Now you can submit your best score to a Google Play leaderboard but only if you get at least 100 points (you didn’t think it’d be that easy, did you?).

[​IMG]

Apart from that, the UI has been reorganized a little bit and now - instead of tapping anywhere - there are buttons on the menu and game summary screens. Also, to improve performance on weaker devices, the sounds are now cached during initialization.

Oh, and the player got some moves! No more Mr. Stiff. ;-)