Sequel to "Bad Apples" headed to the App Store!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by wemakegames, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Hey Touch Arcade peeps :) I just wanted to stop in and announce our exciting news about our newest game set to launch in the App Store ASAP. The game is called Bad Apples: Battle Harvest and is the sequel to our match-three puzzle game Bad Apples.

We are so proud of our finished product with Bad Apples: Battle Harvest and can't wait for it to be approved for sale in the App Store. When it launches, this app will cost $1.99 for the full version but there will also be a free Lite version. Both versions will be universal apps, meaning it is designed to look great on both the iPhone/iPod Touch and the iPad platforms. Get the app once and you can use it on all your devices!

We have taken the original game to new heights with Bad Apples: Battle Harvest, adding a story-driven plot, multiple gameplay modes, a beautifully illustrated game world and all-new characters, villains and power-up heroes. In addition to the gorgeous background and character art, we've also got an all-new original soundtrack of effects and music to enjoy while playing the game. Between the Story Mode, endless Invasion Mode and puzzling Recruit Mode challenges, there is something for every casual game lover in Bad Apples: Battle Harvest.

The gameplay uses the traditional match-three mechanic but we've added a few twists to keep the game interesting. While this game is friendly for all ages it is by no means easy--I've been playing it for weeks and I still find certain parts very challenging! We've added a Statistics tracking screen along with OpenFeint and Game Center integration, so you can brag to the world about your best scores and achievements you've unlocked.

Check out our press release about submitting to the App Store here: Gamasutra - Metaversal Studios Submits Bad Apples: Battle Harvest to iTunes App Store

I've attached a couple of screenshots and some character art to give you a feel for the game. We're hoping to see Bad Apples: Battle Harvest hit the App Store in the next week or two. You can bet that once we've got our hands on some promo codes we'll be coming up with creative ways to give them out! Anyway, please keep your eyes peeled for Bad Apples: Battle Harvest, coming soon to the iTunes App Store :)

Follow us on Twitter and 'Like' us on Facebook to stay on top of all the exciting news coming from our humble little studio!

Attached Files:

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I can't say I'm too excited about match-3 games, but those characters are amazing.

3. Thanks Midian! We are really happy with how our new character designs came out. Here are some more: these are 3 of the "Heroes", or power-up characters, from the first game world realm in Bad Apples: Battle Harvest :)

Attached Files:

4. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Characters look AWESOME!!!

Do let us know when you need BETA Testers. Im sure many members of the TA community wouldnt mind testing it for you. Including myself :p

5. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    "- Don't beg/ask for promo codes or beta testing"
    from the site rules... lol i don't mind, just messing :p when/ if they are looking for beta testers, I'm sure they will ask..... And I'll sign up :D

6. AP9TV1

AP9TV1 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    YouTube
    Awesome! :D
    I love the original Bad Apples!!!

7. Moarite

Moarite Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    So cute and funny the characters are! I'll definitely check it out when it's out!!

8. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I didnt beg ask, I mentioned that if he needed any help then TA Community where there to back him up, Plus i mentioned that i am part of that community :p Which i am

9. lomaelli

lomaelli Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hope the new twists can really differ from those in traditional ones as i've really really very tired of match-3 games now. I'll see how challenging some levels are.

10. Thanks again for the compliments on our characters, everyone! Insider secret: this is actually the first time we've had a dedicated full-time artist on board :) He's awesome!

We've added all 24 of our newly designed characters to our website as a preview so please check them out here: Bad Apples: Battle Harvest. Scroll down and click 'Highland Acres Citizens', etc. :) I'm attaching a handful to this post but definitely check out the site for the rest of the characters plus some additional preview content about the game.

As for improving upon the match-three genre. I'll admit as much as the next person that match-three games are certainly a dime a dozen in the App Store. However, I think there is something to be said for a game that you can play either in a long sit-down session or just for a few minutes here and there. Match-three puzzles definitely fit this bill, especially when they have a story/plot that drives the game. Our game has the objective of defeating your enemies by making matches; the enemies drastically change the game board, making it tougher and tougher to clear the level as the game goes on. The ramping-up of difficulty across levels within one game realm but also from realm to realm (three total in the full game, more to be added in updates) means that while you might find the first couple of levels easy, you should start feeling the burn a bit as the difficulty gets harder. Finally, we've got three different game modes (Campaign/Story Mode, infinite Invasion Mode and puzzle-based Recruit Mode) which change up the gameplay and pose different obstacles and challenges to the player.

Thanks again for the nice words on the art style of our game and I hope that you guys will take a moment to check it out when it launches in the App Store :)

11. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    lol I was just messing with ya