Fling vs Fling Mini Hands-On Video

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Eli, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    You need to take care of your notifications, lol.

At least all of your updates are downloaded!

The minis look like they work pretty well, but I honestly can't think of THAT many games that would play better with them..

3. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Certainly is a great idea, and it does the job pretty well. I hope you guys demo it with some other games. I think a lot of people might be taken to the idea, but I don't see myself getting one. The bottom suction cup seems right on the edge, which means constantly taking off a case just to use this. But if the price is what the Fling regular was, that seems really reasonable considering the amount of games it could be used in for some one who buys a lot of games.

You know what, I would love to see how it holds up in Street Fighter. If you can pull of combos just as easily, that might be the biggest test for it. If you can, I might have to just get this.

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Great taste in music! ;):D

They seem to big to me. You could barely press the button on the screen while the "Minis" were on.

5. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I can't be the only one who think dual stick shooters control more than well enough as is with just touch, the only real problem with the touch controls is your thumbs get in the way, and from the looks of it the fling only magnifies that problem. No buy. iPad kind of makes sense, but still not worth it. Dual stick shooters control great on iDevices, I don't need anything to help that.

6. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Same. I've never understood the gripe about virtual controls and how buttons are needed. I come from a console-gaming background too where it's always been mouse + keyboard and PS2/PS3 controllers. As long as the game implemented the controls well, I haven't had one instance where I wished that I had physical buttons instead on the iOS. It's not just DSS that this applies to either.

7. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Agreed. The same applies for first/third person shooters. I find it easier to use the touch screen than the physical controls that other handheld consoles offer, like the PSP and 3DS.

8. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    By the way, what does your name mean? Lol, never bothered asking before, but I've always been curious.

9. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Laid Back Gamer :)

10. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Nice.

11. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    OT: I've just seen on ebay that someone is selling super-cheap flings from china. I suppose it's likely that they are not original, however feedbacks seem to be positive. Do any of you know anything about this?

12. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I want Fling MINIS!! D: