Soul - Anyone's completed it?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by spidey, Nov 4, 2010.

1. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    I tried searching for a thread for this game but couldn't find one.

Anyways, Soul is that tilting game where you have help a ghostly blob escape to it's heavenly abode.

It's super-challenging. ANd worst is you actually have to "save and quit" for it to remember which level you have reached. Every level is reasonably big without any checkpoints in between. And no way to tone down the difficulty.

Has anyone finished the game? I really want to know how many levels are there?

2. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I finished the game and loved it. From what I remember there are checkpoints.
    It was challenging but I absolutely loved the experience. The game is not that long. Every level is unique. It is quite rewarding. I think it is one of the most underrated games in the app store.

3. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I went mad after that stomach level, I'm currently in a home for the insane.

4. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    That belly of the beast level really tortured me! I was at it for hours. My palms were frozen in a claw shape.

Regardless of the difficulty, it's a spectacular game. Strange that there's no thread about it on TA. I guess it doesn't have those high-scores and achievements etc to talk about and so nothing to discuss in a forum. But I really liked this game and wish it got more attention.

5. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Arghh... I passed the belly of the beast level but did not save and quit.... And am back in the greasy intestine again....

6. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    There actually is a thread for this game. I remember a talk of updates and extra levels but it didn't happen. Obviously the game did not do so well.

7. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Perhaps or perhaps the difficulty isn't well tuned. Their beach volley is very fun too but also failed (for me) because it ends in too difficult controls (sometimes you even have continue play when the screen have become upside down.

This team seems need some rethinking about level difficulty.

8. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    I haven't played the other game... But I think I was playing Soul on the easiest difficulty level. And it was still so hard. But equally rewarding too. :)

So honestly, I don't know if I would want them to tone down the difficulty level too much.

But I have realized one thing. As far as tilting games go... a game where you have to keep playing a level again and again to pass it is not as much fun as visiting a level again and again to better the time required to clear the level. Perhaps that's the reason I found Dark Nebula a lot more fun than Soul. Now Soul kind of graphics... with Dark Nebula kind of a game play would be an interesting combination.

9. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Yup, I finished Soul, and am an agreement with everyone else... it was tough as nails.

There were more than a couple of parts that had me wanting to chuck my phone against a wall.

Though, reading through this thread is really making me want to throw that game back on my phone and go through it all again.

10. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    It really is a case of difficulty enhancing the game in this context!

11. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Finished the game... The artwork of the soul bursting from the intestine was brilliant! Loved how the game looked throughout!