$15 iTunes GC - Dungeon Wagon Casual RPG Action Adventure Game - Universal

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by gamescorpion, Aug 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gamescorpion

gamescorpion Well-Known Member

Fan Expo (Canadian Comicon)

@All: I will be away all day today (Saturday Aug. 24th) at the Fan Expo handing out our promo cards for our game there as well. I will not be back the whole day and will add ALL users who entered on Sunday during the day so not to worry.

Please continue to send pm's for your entries and I will follow up again on Sunday :)

See you all then!

Abhinav
    Game Scorpion Inc.

2. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Well download the game and after a few tries on one level (6-7???), i gave up. And promptly deleted it.

Sure one has weapons but no instruction on how they are to be used. Basically got the feeling that all you were doing is collecting stars. Where is the RPG element?? Collecting stars is not an rpg. If it is the weapons, then more like a collect and fight app. Again, definitely not a rpg based on the initial levels. If it is, it needs to shown early on.

Like someone mention before, the wagon just "sits" there in the middle. Can see where some folks might have motion sickness due to the same pale borders. Or even the fact that they might not be able to differentiate wall from door/entry way.

Trust me, I do like rpg type games but this one certainly did not fit the bill and came very short on that aspect. It does mention that in the title but definitely did not see any.

3. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    I saw this in the list of new games in the TA app. The word dungeon caught my eye, but the icon turned me off, so I didn't even tap it to find out what it was. I can't tell you exactly what it is about the icon that made me dismiss the game at first. I guess it just looks to much like generic clip art? I don't know. I just figured I would mention that, since such a simple and seemingly trivial thing can really affect the interest and reception of a game.

I noticed it again, just now, and curiosity got the better of me, so I tapped it to investigate. When I first read the description, I imagined a first person, on-rails dungeon crawler where the only way to move the camera to look around was holding up your device and moving it around.

Then I looked more closely and watched the video trailer and I got the impression of something sort of like a marble madness/pac-man hybrid with rpg elements. So color me intrigued.

I'm not much of a fan of tilt controls, either. Actually I'm not really a fan of tilt controls at all. But this seems intriguing, so I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

4. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
  5. armoko

armoko Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
  6. gamescorpion

Entered! Good Luck!

7. gamescorpion

Thanks for the feedback thus far!

Thanks all for the feedback thus far! We are currently working on launching the various Android versions right now this week before we look into any of the updates/upgrades.

Some amazing feedback that we have been considering on our end, here are the ones that have stood out and we are considering the following:

1. Additional controls (VPad and Fire button for those who dont like accelerometer)

2. Calibration (For accelerometor controls)

3. Enhancements in the wagon animations

4. Additional upgrades including a possible zoom/map feature (possibly via Virtual Currency purchase) to allow you to view the map or end of level or directional arrows to the next area (as it is a maze/dungeon style game so part of the fun is in finding things on your own, but totally understand where some users would want a map).

5. Will try and make "Upside down Accelerometer" work, but may not be a possibility (Gotta figure it out)

Still being considered:
    -Icon changes
    -Multiplayer capabilities
    -More levels

Looking forward to more great feedback!

Abhinav
    Game Scorpion Inc.

8. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    #48 Underwater, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
    Here is my review about the game. I don't want to be entered in the contest.

The game isn't exactly like I expected it to be. You basically control a wagon using tilt options, and the goal is to collect gears and bring them safely to the portal in a certain amount of time. You also have to dodge traps, find items, and use items to reach the end.

I'm going to start with the app icon. I think the name "Dungeon Wagon" is good to wake some curiosity, but the app icon does the opposite. It doesn't fit the game, and to be honest, I think it's a bit ugly.

The graphics are alright. It's no Skyrim, but they are pretty good. It's good to see your graphics in your games improve over time.

About the controls: I'm not a big fan of tilt, and I don't think a lot of people are. I had no problem with the controls, they are good for tilt controls. But still I'd like to see options for other controls in the future.

One more thing I'd like to see, are animations for the wagon. The background moves, but the wagon doesn't. It has no animation, and stays at the same place. Some animations would make a better.

Other than that, the game is enjoyable. The game isn't complex and the main goal is easy, but elements like upgrades, GameCenter achievements and GameCenter leaderboards make the game a lot more fun. Also, the cutscenes are great. They add a little bit of a story that makes it fun. And, the interface looks good and organized.

So, in a short summary; It's a fun game. The main is simple, but the gameplay, upgrades, GameCenter achievements and leaderboards, and the easy to use interface make it a pretty cool game. But there are some flaws, and there are few things I'd to see:
    - Another app icon
    - An alternate control scheme
    - Animations for the wagon

It's great to see you guys improve. You put a lot of affort in this game, you can see that. If you improve the controls, the app icon, and the animations of the wagon, this could be your best game yet. I'm curious to see how your next apps will be. Keep on going!

9. gamescorpion

New Icon

Amazing feedback!

For all who have suggested changing app icon, we went ahead and created another one (As thats a quick fix we can do immediately).

Let us know your thoughts on the new icon design below (Showing current and new one side by side - THE RED ONE IS CURRENT):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Looking for user feedback on the icon's.

Thanks!

Abhinav

10. returnity

returnity Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Reviewed the game as returnity on the US Appstore. PM sent!

11. Psiufoxx

Psiufoxx Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    sustainability consulting
    paris (yeah, the one in france)
  12. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    #52 klink, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
    Thumbs up!

13. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Sorry but no.

If the devs said 'Please download our game, check it out and post a review if you have time.' I would HAPPILY oblige.

But instead they take the bribery route 'review and you COULD win' which is really annoying as a: its tantamount to bribery and b: the AppStore gets flooded with what might be fake reviews as most people post 5* glowing reviews in the faint hope of winning something. These fake reviews skew the game for people looking at the review before downloading.

I know these devs aren't the only ones doing this shady business but I personally find it very dodgy indeed. Quite a shame as I avoid downloading games that do this whereas a 'please download and review our game' would have me checking it out and possibly posting a honest review.

14. gamescorpion

Wrong!

Wrong. We don't ask users to give us a 5 star review. We only look for honest reviews and have already received some incredible feedback to help us in our next update. It's sad when people attack the indie devs for trying to get the word out.

After 4 months to build a game, no million dollar budgets, just a lot of hard work and passion and coming out to the community for some support with a fun contest in the CONTEST section of the forums and I'm told I'm bribing people?

Very sad indeed. Anyways I have a contest draw to hold and game updates to do, so not gonna waste my time on negativity.

Abhinav

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    You've made your point. Time to move on from this thread.

16. gamescorpion

Contest winner!

Hello all, thank you for your participation and the excellent feedback! We are already in the works on working on the next major update (Most likely a release will be planned for late september/early october with the new updates and even more levels, and of course much of the excellent feedback obtained here).

OUR WINNER IS Ticket ID 10 which corresponds to -> Shiatama_0

Results image is attached as well.

@Shiatama_0: Please post here upon receiving and activating your iTunes GC so that everyone knows there is no foul play.

Thanks to everyone who participated and we look forward to seeing you again in another future contest!

God Bless!

Abhinav Gupta
    Lead Developer and CEO
    Game Scorpion Inc.

Attached Files:

17. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    I don't see where it says post a 5 star review to win. I didn't make my review 5 stars and I had an equal chance to win compared to everyone else.

Congrats to the winner, and thanks for holding this awesome contest. I look forward to following Dungeon Wagon and checking out the next update when I'ts released. :)

18. gamescorpion

Thanks for all the support and participating! I will keep everyone posted as to the release of the next version as well as many of the great updates and suggestions given by all the user feedback :)

God Bless!

Abhinav