Universal Active Soccer 2 a new football game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheFoxSoft, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Team editor would be a great idea!

2. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Yeah that sounds like a great idea :)

3. Calimero

Calimero Member

Dec 19, 2012
    IT
    Netherlands
    Personally I don't need real player names, because they are outdated pretty fast. And in a careermode you need new youth players to grow your squad over the years, so I guess fantasy names must be introduced anyway.
    A team editor would be nice for fantasy or historic squads, like 'Hollywood actors' or 'Manchester United 1966'. Only a few people would use it to change the names to real ones or update player transfers.
    If there would be an export/import feature, then the community could exchange squad rosters, without the developer risking legal issues.

4. I second that!

5. TheFoxSoft

TheFoxSoft Well-Known Member

i am preparing a video, so you can have an idea about the game play.
    The video is taken from a work in progress version, so some features and visuals may change in the future.

Stay tuned!

6. TheFoxSoft

#26 TheFoxSoft, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  7. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    This looks great!!! Cannot wait! Super impressed by all the features you've packed in.

8. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Instant buy!!! Around when will it be out?

9. TheFoxSoft

Thanks guys, to be honest I am a bit worried about the lack of replies. I don't know whether it depends on lack of interest or something else.

About your question: we have implemented additional features not planned at the beginning and release date could change depending on how many of them are included.
    Anyway i think it should be ready within year 2014.

10. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    Really liked that video. I'll try the game once it comes out. Hope manager mode is great.

11. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I think the faster you can get it out, the better. The reviews are starting to come in for FIFA 15 on mobile, and most people HATE it. They removed manager mode, which was a lot of people's bread and butter. The quicker you can get out of the gate, the more likely you can capitalize on some of those folks here who want good Soccer gameplay for a premium price.

If you could leave some of that stuff out and put it in later (with either a free or paid update), I think you could do really really well.

12. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    I agree in a way, but an unfinished game full of bugs would ruins' people faith, you don't want to get a bad score on TA or appspy, you want to get 5 stars right away to get all the fifa fans

13. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Well if you check the FIFA forum on TA before it was out, they weren't that many people talking about it, but I am really sure a lot of us are waiting for this one, for me whatever the price is, it's an instant buy! And count on me to give it a 5 stars, I already played the first one and loved it so much, so I am 100% this one will be even better

14. TheFoxSoft

Thanks for your comments, guys.
    Active Soccer 2 is millions time better than the prequel in all the aspects, i am quite sure you will not be disappointed.
    I agree with you, the faster I release the game, the better is. Anyway I feel I need to fix the remaining bugs and implement a flawless online modality in order to release what I suspect is the best football game on mobile platforms.
    Active Soccer 2 is multi platform game: desktop (pc and mac) and mobile so in order to guarantee a cross platform multi player (ie: with your iPhone you can play against a PC user) is required more effort.
    But don't worry I am confident Active Soccer 2 will be release within the end of this year.

I'll keep you updated as soon as I have more news.

15. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Great, and if you need me to help you with the players data in the Japanese league, let me help you

16. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    This looks fantastic, insta-buy.

17. gansta

gansta Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Any updates on a release?

18. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Every Wednesday night I check at least 10 times TA forum to see if it's out, I can't wait

19. TheFoxSoft

Thank you guys, when you work so hard on a project it is always important to have a feedback from users.
    I am working mainly on online mode, it is rewritten from scratch because I am not fully satisfied with what I achieved with AS1.
    I want everything to be flawless because I feel online mode will be an important part of the game as well as career mode.
    In these days I spent my time also on refining the game, Active Soccer 2 is designed to run on more powerful platforms and they requires high standards.
    I consider maintaining the same original features also for iOS is some kind of impossible mission but I did it :cool:
    I apologize for not being able to give you a definitive release date but everyday the game improves.
    When finished, I don't know how people will react, but for sure it will be definitely a unique football game with his own personality :D

I'll keep you updated,
    Cheers

20. gansta

gansta Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Thank you for the update and take your time to polish the game perfectly for us all.