The open beta project for 'Save Toshi' Updates (by devs of 'Rasta Monkey')

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Noam, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Developer
    #1 Noam, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010

Hey there TA gamers:)

Hope you're doing great - I have the new game from Nitako that I think you might be interested in checking out.

The game is called Save Toshi, and it's the first 3D blox-smashing puzzle for iOS, one that can only be compared to the wii hit game, Boom Blox. The game's story revolves around a hilarious anime character called Toshi-San, who is obsessed with dancing. The player's goal is to help Toshi get to the dance-floor area by shooting and smashing down the different types of blocks she is standing on.

The game will be officially available on the app-store starting Monday, Dec 20. To celebrate the release in the spirit of Christmas the game will launch as FREE for one day! Gift all your friends and followers by telling them about it:)

Have a happy holidays!
    Noam

2. Drsponge

Drsponge Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Turn Around
    sent you guys an email! heres some info about me: Hi,

My name is Avery and I'm a very avid gamer. I've played hordes of games on a variety of consoles. I've been playing games for years. I've beta tested games such as: Shanghai Mahjong, Blackjack 21, Rollatron, and Baseball Superstars 2011. My favorite games include: Jet Car Stunts, Zenonia 2, NHL 2k11, Bejweled 2, and Implode! Physics games are one of my favorite genres. This game is no exception. If I'm given the chance to beta test Save Toshi; I promise to report feedback to try to make the game better.

3. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    The video looks really nice. A 3D physical puzzle, and seems well done. I have not played any of your games before, since only recently I got my first iOS device. But I will love to try this out.

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Developer
    Thats cool, send me your details to the email address

5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Developer
    Great having you a board Avery:) we are working hard on a build that will be sent to you in a couple of days.

6. ipadlips

ipadlips Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    iOS Developer
    New Zeland
    @Noam i sent you my info to your email, congrats with your new game ;)

7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Developer
    Youre in:) now tell us a bit about yourself

8. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    i send my info too :) looks really good game

9. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Thanks for the opportunity! Looks like a great game, and sent an email!

10. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    I sent you an email, hope I get chosen as the game looks very polished and clever.

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm in. Anything I can do to support my favourite iOS gaming genre ;)

12. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    WOW, I love the MM very much!超萌え!I just sent my application.:)

13. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Hi, I'm Alex. I'm very happy that I am chosen. I love puzzle/casual games very much. And on iDevices, physics games are most popular. So I'm sure "Save Toshi" will be also a grant success!

14. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    This is quirky as hell, love the idea.

15. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Thanks for the message about this Noam. I'm up to give it a try, mostly because I am a big fan of the devs' other titles and a fan of the genre. This looks like it will be a fresh take on it and could be an outstanding representative for iOS physics puzzlers. :) I literally "lol'ed" when I got to the "Toshi is dead" part of the video. The graphics are gorgeous. I am a little worried that the puzzles will be complex to manipulate in 3D on the touch screen (as with, say, Enigmo 2) but hopefully this is something we can address in the beta and I'm sure that Nitako have some ideas about how to keep things non-frustrating. :) Anyway, looking forward to getting started!

16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Developer
    Wow, thank you all, the reactions here are amazing! I didn't expect to already have a list of 25 really awesome and experienced testers including some of the leading forum members of TA, willing to start work!
    The first build will be sent to all of you tomorrow, so in the meanwhile I want to introduce myself to all of you.

My Name is Noam (no big surprises here), I'm 34 years old, and 2 years ago, I left my job as the creative director of Aniboom, a heavily funded internet startup, to create Nitako together with my partner Yuval and do what we love to do - creating great games.
    We believe in creating games that are different without losing all the fun, so we put an emphasis on accessible game design that have something really unique in it.

Besides work I have a wife and 2 children, I play the guitar and bass (the music for Rasta Monkey and Eco-Punk was recorded in our office) and I'm currently addicted to Ted.com

Now it's your turn people, come on don't be shy;)

17. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Hey, just wanted to say its good to be onboard.. I'm 28yrs old and have played many different types of games over the years but physics based game are among my fave type of game for sure and this one looks great.
    I look forward to testing with you guys and hopefully help make this game a huge success :)

18. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Bye bye being shy? Ok.

I am 37, ouch, and have been programming games a lot in the past on commodore machines (the time of assembler!!) and now work on other stuff. Time permitting I will make some retro games on ios, but so far my little son is taking lot of my time for myself.

I have been gaming since the times of olivetti 20 and atari 2600. Sleepeless nights on defender and have beta tested quite some commodore games.

Ah, and I'm in the time zone where is mooring now :D

19. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    I'm Carlos AKA EMT KiNG 25 years old been an EMT for about 2 years. I'm just living life right now. I love my videogames since the days of the NES. I just began beta testing idevice games this year. I have my short little list and its been fun. I love ice cream and candy.:p

20. SoundGuy

SoundGuy Active Member

Jul 31, 2010
    CEO Of Corbomite Games.
    *poke*

Hey Noam,

It's oded

waiting to save toshi on my ipad.

Oded