★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Kindo (Formerly Kingdoms) — a medieval board game from the 21st century

05-07-2015, 12:20 PM
Super exciting! I purchased the game last night and have been playing around with it (and loosing a lot) throughout the day. There are two things that may hinder the staying power of this game for me:

1) I would love to see some statistics for my matches. One of the reasons I come back again and again to Catchup is because it tells me how many games I've won/lost, percentages, "Catchup" moves played, and TONS of other stats. Having stats in your game would be awesome, such as: Number of cutoffs, largest cutoff amount, and of course wins/losses.

2) I would really like a finish turn button. Catchup also has this. I get really frustrated when I am trying to swipe and build a fortification in Kindo and end up placing it the wrong direction or I accidentally place another tile. Also, I think it helps with planning. I know that I can imagine what my opponent would do before it place my tile, but it would be great to put my tile down and look at the board and consider my opponents turn before I move. I hope that makes sense. I think this would also help with slowing down the game and encouraging players to take time to think about there moves.

I really do like the game and have been following the development for quite some time. You have done a fantastic job with the AI and the aesthetic of the game. Just my two cents on the things to be improved. Thanks again for all your hard work!

- greenleaf

p.s. - Maybe someone should make a new forum now that the game is out.
05-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Hi greenleaf,

Thanks for taking the time to give us some great feedback!

1- We'd love to include more stats! Having a ELO ranking was obviously the priority, but we agree that we have a lot of room here for improvement and we might start working on it after the first "bug fixes" update. Stay tuned.

2- This one is trickier. We actually like the immediacy of the game, the fact that you can open a game, play your turn and leave without having anything else to tap or validate. But I understand the need. I sometimes wish I could have pressed an Undo button to change my play!
We could probably allow both methods and put a toggle in the Settings, but then it would be twice as many things to design, develop and debug. We'll see what we can do on this.

By the way, the new thread is over there: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=261159