#44 games/puzzle (Marketing Strategy)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by rockstarr, Jul 20, 2014.

1. rockstarr

rockstarr Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Indie iOS developer
    US
    Hey folks,

I created a new game called Light 'em Up

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/light-em-up/id865513318?ls=1&mt=8

I used Facebook to market it the results were pretty good, the app made it to #43 in the games/puzzle category in the US App Store.
    [​IMG]

the problem is I consumed my budget I couldn't keep spending more, knowing that in order to keep moving further I had to increase the daily spending so that the app can keep going further, and now things are going down the app is almost off the charts.

I was wondering if you guys have any ideas/experiences on low cost marketing, unfortunately for whatever reason no review sites cared to share the app despite the abundance of happy reviews (226 total reviews 170 of those are 5 stars and 42 are 4 stars), that wasn't enough to convince them.

Any thoughts???

2. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Cant help with your question but as I tried your game I have question for you. What do I get if I buy level pack 3 and why does it say in description you get 45 levels and I went through 30 before it asked me to pay .99?

3. rockstarr

rockstarr Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Indie iOS developer
    US
    Hi Duke
    Thank you for playing the app, so level pack 3 unlocks levels 31 - 45. Tt is probably badly worded, I apologise for that, but that is what it does it gives you 15 more levels to play, You can use the old friend request method it is for FREE, also I would appreciate it if I can get your feedback or comments on the app.
    Thank you.