Universal Ravensword: Shadowlands - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 19, 2012.

1. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    It should be the same speed, but I'll check to be sure.
    You can buy a house in north aven, and also one in south aven.
    They aren't cheap!
    Just be careful when you drop your furniture. Be rich first. Spend on what you need vs frivolous things. Once you've done your community service, then start buying extra junk.

2. Dear Apple

Dear Apple Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Very hard to find side quests in these cities full of faceless lifeless buildings. It would be better with some kind of minimap that marks POI.

And please, double please, add an "Action" button somewhere in controls. So I could loot, open doors and talk to people without reaching the middle of the screen on the iPad.

3. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I knew I should have added signs to Aven North!

2) sounds like Aralon

4. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    #624 stlredbird, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    Oh I know you don't have to stop to eat, but you would have to if it was manual. As far as how much he eats goes it may just seem like he eats a lot bc I always happen to notice it, I haven't really timed it or anything :)

A quick suggestion though would be to add an action button on the right side for looting, speaking, opening, etc. instead of having to reach all the way to the middle of the screen to do anything. I'm sure it's fine on the iPhone or iPod but its kind of a stretch on the ipad. Just my 2 cents.

Really liking the game though on my ipad 3 and looking forward to the update.

Edit: ha I just saw dear apple had the same thought.

Edit: since you seem to be active at the moment Josh, I know there has been a lot of control scheme talk, but after playing for awhile it seems that button placement would be perfect as is on the ipad if only you could use the space underneath them to swipe to look around.

5. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    #625 Brrobotix, Dec 21, 2012
    I asked this earlier, but no one answered so I'm gonna post it again: What exactly are the bonuses you get when you level skills (like stealth and blades). I have a lv 50 defend, blade, and a lv 40 stealth skill. What does this mean?

Also, what different types of magic are in this game? and are they all tied to runes? And how many runes can be equipped simultaneously?

Sorry, a lot of questions, but I'm really interested in figuring out the mechanics in this game.

edit: also, i agree that we need at least an option for an action button. looting is incredibly awkward on the ipad.

6. Darkus

Darkus Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh. Hi.
    Sorry, don't mean to complain. Played a little bit more and i'm thoroughly impressed.
    But starting the game, I had one piece of food, which he promptly ate as I wandered around the first city.
    Seems like a waste since the regen was unnecessary then.

7. Dear Apple

Dear Apple Member

Nov 19, 2010
    #627 Dear Apple, Dec 21, 2012
    Actually area mini maps with marks would be better. If it is feasible.

Oh and one more thing, since I got the magic attack I am constantly pressing it by accident since it appears where the look area was on the iPad

8. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    It's really easy to find food. you can kill chickens and sheep in Aven or boars/deer/rabbits/rats outside aven. Looting them will always give you food.

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    So how many spells or runes are there? Is there like blizzard or anything cool like that? Can u equip more than one at a time?

10. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    What happens when you steal something?

11. miki1986

miki1986 Member

Nov 12, 2012
    #631 miki1986, Dec 21, 2012
    Handful of bugs I have been seeing. Items that randomly appear in the air. Stuff like that. But the biggest one, and the one that might make it so I cant play anymore is that at this point the game is crashing any time I try to enter North Aven. Does not matter which direction I enter it from or if I try to teleport there. I am completely unable to enter North Aven now!

I finished part 11 of the main quest, then went and walked around for a while. Explored. Killed a bunch of orcs in the Grim Pass. Then i tried to teleport to North Aven, and the game crashed. So I tried again and the same thing. Tried restarting the device and entering the city from the north on foot. Crashed. Tried teleporting to South Aven (which worked fine) then entering North Aven from the south. Crashed.

Sucks, I enjoyed this game for the few hours I was able to play it.

I am wondering if anyone else has run into this problem.

If this is not fixed soon, who do I contact about a refund because this is ridiculous. Most of the quests in this game are based out of North Aven, so with this bug the game just sucks now. I've spent too much time on this game at this point, frankly it's good but not good enough for me to devote another 10 hours to starting from scratch.

I also often have been having to restart as new areas sometimes fail, and just seems like this release was rushed out. The graphics are incredible, but seems like the beta testers were seriously slacking. Seeing TONS of things that should have gotten taken care of. Really hoping taht if I go exploring the major bug dissapears. The game is incredibly fun, but there are a LOT of rough edges. And so far at least one game-ending glitch. Game quality=A+ Editing and beta testing=D

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Anyone know?

13. brady3superbwl

brady3superbwl Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    #633 brady3superbwl, Dec 21, 2012
    Umm, I bought the game thinking it would work on my 4th gen iPod touch because it states it does at the bottom of the page. But it doesn't. Now I'm out 7 bucks and a good game by the sound of it. And yes I do realize it's partially my fault because I did not read the description before buying. I only read what it says on the bottom regarding compatibility.

14. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    So items in my inventory are appearing stacked on top of each other- like two distinctly different items. A piece of bread is on top of a potion, and I'm unable to select either one, and a key I received for a quest stacked on top of a lock pick, etc. Some of my items have also disappeared, only to reappear later.

15. miki1986

miki1986 Member

Nov 12, 2012
    This is what I mean. Seems like this game was rushed out. There are a LOT of bugs...

Been out exploring for a while, i'll post to see if somehow maybe knocking off some more quest objectives moves me past the bug and I am able to enter North Aven again.

16. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I encountered the North Aven crash issue as well. You can get passed it by abandoning the quests from Lady Katrin and House Carrowen. Fixes the crashing issue. You can then re-accept the quests, but you have to do them immediately after accepting them, otherwise you'll encounter the glitch. Saw a few people post this fix, so I tried it and it works.

17. miki1986

miki1986 Member

Nov 12, 2012
    #637 miki1986, Dec 21, 2012
    Yep. No luck. Went out down south for a while and tried to come back to North Aven and still crashing. Looks like it's time to get a refund and wait 6-12 months for them to have a playable version of this game out. Too bad. It waas fun while it lasted

edit: looks like that worked. hope this is the last game-ending glitch i encounter. how the hell did none of the beta testers catch this?

18. Ionized

Ionized Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Found a rather major bug. I found the Blunderbuss and the incriminating note about Sila in my first 10 minutes of the game, because my first instinct in a game like this was to buy lock picks and loot everything. An hour or two later when I start the white hand quest line after I've taken care of some main quest business, the note disappears from my inventory and I am forced to pay him 500 gold

Very irritating.

19. Ionized

Ionized Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Also, the developer absolutely needs to fix this. When I use my bow or any ranged weapon while sneaking, it raises my sneak level but not my bow level.

Very annoying seeing as I use my bow for long range sneak attacks.

20. MaverickMacGuyver

Dec 21, 2012
    Stuck in the Citadel

I am stuck in the Citadel. I killed everything and obtained the red thing, but it is no longer in my inventory probably because of a glitch. Nonetheless, my options are one door which remains sealed, and entering a toxic green pool. If anyone has any ideas on what to do please post or PM me.

Thanks for the great forum - I've read every post.