Chinese publisher

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Alda Games, Mar 19, 2014.

1. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    I have some or all of my apps on the Chinese game site. Recently I received a report of earning. It is general. It did not specify the games and it was sent to me on excel. :confused:

I am sure there is a back end for developers with proper reporting. I will ask my programmer who set everything up. I know that as a Canadian I could not register with TenCents to collect the revenue. My wife had to use her Chinese id to make everything work. So it may not be possible for developer from the outside to access this market. :confused:

2. iplayallday

iplayallday Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Well,
    I'm really trying to contact them (IPlayJoy) for the past few days since I haven't heard anything from them in awhile now.

Is there anyone dealing with IPlayJoy at the moment?

3. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Give me the contact information - phone number in China and address. I can get in touch with them and find out if they are still in business :)

I am going to my office and will ask my brother in law to check them out. :)

4. iplayallday

Jul 11, 2012
    Hey 1stSpin
    Thanks alot for the offer, I've sent you a PM :)

5. dika

dika New Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Thanks for this thread

I know now what no need work with iplayjoy
    thanks for all who posted

ps: if you still need contact(iplayjoy.com) pleaese pm me

6. iplayallday

Jul 11, 2012
    We actually got in touch with them yesterday and clear the issue.
    In general I think you should give any publisher the benefits of a doubt (I always do).

7. FrOfCh

FrOfCh New Member

Sep 16, 2014
    I may have hastened to blame them. I did not find evidence that they stole my game. I apologize for snap judgment. But after the last message(
    ) I could not contact them, exactly as it was not the game starts.

If it is necessary, I can send a link to the apps. But I am not active user of the forum and register only to warn that you should not trust them fully.

8. MGP Studios

MGP Studios Active Member

Dec 20, 2014
    So is there any update on this publisher?

We were also approached by them (commercial officer named Serena) and intrigued by their offer of publishing and distributing in China as well as the free localisation, our game is very text heavy after all.

When we asked for more details about their business offer they went silent.

Did anyone else here also get the silent treatment or do they usually reply after a while? In our case it has been around a week.

Cheers

9. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    #29 1stSPIN, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    Going silent is a China way of dealing with having to give a straight black and white answer. I have a few businesses in China and come across this many times. One of the people I do business with who has spent many years in China working with major companies from the USA says it is the deer / head light problem. Once the deer sees the head lights it freezes.

I can say I have had some good results in China with the games my programmer launch here. The problem is the reports to payment are general. Everything is lumped up into one report and payment. I have not investigated it to see if I am missing something in the info because my main interest is to deal with the market outside of the USA. But if you are dealing with a company which is going to lump up all the apps the payment if it is as I understand it will be general so I don't know how they will know how much to pay you.

10. MGP Studios

Dec 20, 2014
    Thanks for the info 1stSPIN,

As you mentioned the cultural barrier is probably also a factor- I guess time will tell. Cheers!

11. MGP Studios

Dec 20, 2014
    #31 MGP Studios, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    back with an update:

We were recently contacted by iplayjoy again, only this time everything went smoothly.
    After a few emails (this time replies were within a few hours) they sent us the contract.

12. WonderCat

WonderCat Active Member

Any updates about this publisher? Is it going well?

13. MGP Studios

Dec 20, 2014
    Unfortunately, due to signing the contract-confidentiality clause- I can't say much...yet. Will let you know, once things clear up and go official.

14. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Keep us posted. I have not gone to meet them yet but will consider it if you have a positive result. Nothing like meeting face to face:)

15. uriweru

uriweru Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Has anyone had experience working with Letang Inc? I've been contacted by them in addition to a few others but talks never really get anywhere. Everytime I inquire about more information they stop responding.

16. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Ask them to provide you with a copy of some data from Tencents to support what they say along with a copy of an email which Tencents sends out every month which is followed by a deposit into a Chinese bank.

17. uriweru

uriweru Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Thanks, I really appreciate it.

18. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Because of all of the uncertainty dealing with Chinese publishers and our team's past experience with a publisher who is also a friend of a few members of the team and our reluctance of making any other deals with Chinese publishers we are going it alone. :)
    and we live in China

19. pingstart

pingstart New Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Is there any good ads network ,such as Pingstart.com???

PingStart—A leading global mobile monetization platform.#
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGTiROkU--o

Revenue: CPI
    Payment: Net30
    PingStart partners with many apps worldwide, such as Lipix_gift_box, trustlook, maxthon, Solo Launcher, Baidu, etc achieving excellent global coverage.
    According#to#our#statistics,#the#revenue#generated#in#PingStart#platform#is#50%#higher#than#other#monetization#platforms.
    If#you#want#to#try#monetization#and#make#more#money#with#your#APP,#we#look#forward#to#hearing#from#you#and#we#welcome#any#your#ideas.
    Please contact Pingstart via Skype: finedao for more information.

Ms.Fine
    Publisher Relations Director
    Email:#[email protected]
    Company website:#http://www.pingstart.com/

20. Shuli

Shuli New Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Hi all, just wanted to share our my experience with both iPlayJoy and Letang.

iPlayJoy- the original person in charge of our game was Serena too, but she left her job and then it was passed to Monica and then to Sunqi... who has now left the job and not done any handover. We had arranged for the money earned (a little more than 1000USD over a year) and have waited for months since. They explained that they were waiting for the app stores to pay them, which takes a long while, and well, it's been 3 months. Still no news. I emailed the company directly and there was no reply. I guess we are not getting the money back.

Letang> we removed IAP and made a Letang version that only showed ads to get around the billing system problems in the regions they claimed to be strong in. Anyway, it made the game really spammy which we didn't like. We split ad networks with Letang (they took the revenue from certain networks and we took it from some others directly). Traffic is okay but revenue isn't great. Not worth the effort of integrating the SDKs, changing the logo, and working around the original monetisation.

By the way, I signed up for an account just to reply to this thread because I don't want fellow developers fall for their scam like we did. Can't help it if my profile doesn't look too credible cos it's so new.